PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Embedded Terminal.

NiGhtMarEs0nWax
January 31st, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hi, I seem to have a problem with Compiz, for some reason fixed windows placement isn't working. I used this guide (http://www.ehow.com/how_5826484_embed-linux-desktop-using-compiz.html) to embed the gnome terminal onto the desktop. I had it up and running ok initially, it was positioned where I wanted it, everything seemed fine, until I logged out and back in, the terminal appeared in the top left partially underneath the panel.

I've checked and double checked the configuration, all appears fine. I have however noticed some odd problems with Compiz and desktop effects. sometimes when switching desktop effects it doesn't work, or works completely randomly. i also can never re-select the custom setting as it doesn't work, instead I have to manually re-enable all the required plugins.

also at times when using virtual box my cpu will spike and Nautilus will crash. i wonder if this is related?

Ubuntu Karmic
I'm using the most recent release of Compiz.
I'm also using the yakuake terminal emulator if that's any use.

Hardware if needed:

AMD Athlon 4000+
ATI HIS RADEON x1900xtx // using the XOrg ATI Display driver form the repositories, most recent version.

Thanks!

atentik
May 10th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Why does this says "SOLVED" while there is no solution?