PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Leightweight IntelliSense Python IDE

WitchCraft
January 31st, 2010, 12:02 PM
Is there any leightweight (=non-eclipse) IDE for Python with working Intellisense ?

TheStatsMan
January 31st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Vim

http://blog.dispatched.ch/2009/05/24/vim-as-python-ide/

WitchCraft
January 31st, 2010, 12:59 PM
I was more thinking along the line of a Xorg tool, not a command line tool (you know - actually with mouse + copy/paste with ctrl+c/v/x, else it somehow defies the purpose of an IDE).

I tried eclipse, but there's no intellisense in PyDev...
Kommodo seems to be offline
boa constructor isn't int the fedora 12 repo
geany has no intellisense, but syntax hightlighting is good,
same for bluefish just that it adds autoindent.

But all I need is intellisense, highlight is nice, but unnecessary...

TheStatsMan
January 31st, 2010, 01:21 PM
You can use the mouse in vim. You can also copy and paste. Vim is about efficiency though to copy simply press y and to paste simple press p, no need to reach for the ctrl key.

WitchCraft
January 31st, 2010, 11:33 PM
You can use the mouse in vim. You can also copy and paste. Vim is about efficiency though to copy simply press y and to paste simple press p, no need to reach for the ctrl key.

But I won't use vim. Call me a troll, but it's like a Mac or an iPhone or QT. I'd rather burn a 1000 $ note and suffocate than using that crap. Period.

Tragically, there is nothing else. I'll have to write my own.

TheStatsMan
February 1st, 2010, 12:56 AM
I believe netbeans has python code completion, although I have no idea how good it is.

punkrockguy318
February 1st, 2010, 07:02 AM
But I won't use vim. Call me a troll, but it's like a Mac or an iPhone or QT. I'd rather burn a 1000 $ note and suffocate than using that crap. Period.

Tragically, there is nothing else. I'll have to write my own.

Vim never hurt anybody. Vim is an amazing, powerful, flexible editor that can very easily be much more productive than most other GUIs, but let's not get into that.

Geany is great and it supports code completion in C for sure and i'm prety sure abou tpython