PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba Protege M200

NoonienSoong97
January 31st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I just recently upgraded my ram to the max of 2 gigs on the system. I am thinking about getting a bigger drive for the system. However I am planning on installing ubuntu on the drive while it is in the desktop, and moving the drive over to the my M200 tablet. Once installed and in my tablet then I will get to work and installing the tablet drivers, and other related programs.

The reason I am doing this is that I don't want to take the time to try and find the right PCMIA cd-rom for the system. I am wondering if there will be any problems installing it elsewhere, and then running it on my tablet?

spiky001
January 31st, 2010, 09:39 AM
Hi can you not instal via usb wld that be easier

NoonienSoong97
January 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM
The M200 don't have the usb controls in the bios. From what I have read online.

spiky001
January 31st, 2010, 09:53 AM
looks like it might be what you have to do why not give it a try unless someone else has any ideas,plus it might help other ppl out if they have the same problem

toky1
March 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I've also many Problems to install 9.10 on a Portege M200....
Easiest way is with a supported USB Floppy drive....
Download floppy image from http://www.netboot.me/gettingstarted an do a http install....

grummy
March 17th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Hi Toky,

What I did:
1. Get an external USB IDE 2.5 inch hard drive adapter (around $5 on ebay)
2. Fresh copy of Ubuntu 9.10 Boot CD
3. Another Computer/Second Computer (with CD/DVD drive) and set up BIOS to USB as priority boot sequence
4. Pull out all the IDE and power cables from the Hard drive on the second Computer, to make sure it will boot from the external USB hard drive
5. Pull out Toshiba Portege M200 hard drive and put it on the external USB IDE adapter
6. Boot the second comp and finish the installation
7. After that, just put back the Toshiba hard drive back - ENJOY (the stylus will be recognized straight away)

Cheers