PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Installing Firefox with accompanying add-ons

KentaGrace
January 31st, 2010, 04:37 AM
Hello, I'm very, very new to Linux systems and am somewhat getting a feel for how it all works. I've become quite excited about the possibilities opened up by open source software, and was wondering how to take advantage of it more. I wanted to create a boot disk that would include all the generally necessary add-ons to Firefox for a start. My idea is that when Firefox is installed, it will also ask you if you would like to install the additional plug-ins, such as Flash player, Shockwave, Adove Reader, etc. However, after searching for a good few hours, I can find no mention of installing add-ons with the base Firefox program. Certainly, though, this would only be a matter of the required files to be copied at the time of install, wouldn't it? If anyone could shed some light on how this could be accomplished, I think it would help a lot of people.

The main reason I was imagining this was because t would be simpler to install a Linux distribution on a system and then get going right away if all the files that you would normally have to install separately came packaged together. Again, any help would be appreciated, and let me know if, for some reason, this can not be done.

Graham

KentaGrace
February 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hey everyone, I'm still wondering about this idea. I see that my thread has a few views, but apparently it hasn't been viewed by anyone that has any ideas. At least not yet. Hopefully one of you has an idea how this could be accomplished?

KentaGrace
February 23rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
Still wondering about this, though I'm also wondering if you can't just package all the folders that have Firefox data in them, and unpack them on the machine that you are running the install on.