PDA

View Full Version : Swiss army makes Ogg Vorbis-playing pocket knife

mostwanted
March 4th, 2006, 11:54 AM
http://www.computerworld.no/index.cfm/fuseaction/artikkel/id/57955

I don't have an English source as of now (it might be on /. or something), but there's a picture there for you to see.

BWF89
March 4th, 2006, 12:04 PM
That's cool. But I'd rather have the extra space in my knife for storing different blades & utilities. And since the MP3 player is integrated into a knife that means I wouldn't be able to take it to school without getting suspended for carrying a "deadly weapon".

Lovechild
March 4th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Oh that's awesome.. I want one.

mostwanted
March 4th, 2006, 12:09 PM
That's cool. But I'd rather have the extra space in my knife for storing different blades & utilities. And since the MP3 player is integrated into a knife that means I wouldn't be able to take it to school without getting suspended for carrying a "deadly weapon".

it's possible to take the player out of the knife.

Kimm
March 4th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I'm not danish (or norwegian... dont realy see the difference) but I can read and understand that... heres a translation:

Original:

Spilleren takler det fleste av de mest kjente lydformatene, som mp3, wav, wma og OGG Vorbis, skriver PC för alla. Den har også fjernkontroll, en fm-mottaker og kan ta opp samtaler.

Det er også mulig å ta ut mp3-delen, noe som er en fordel hvis man ønsker å bruke den på flyreiser. Modellen på en gigabyte koster i underkant av 2.000 kroner.

Translation:

The player can handle most of the known sound formats, like mp3, wav, wma and OGG Vorbis, "PC För alla" writes. It also has a remote control, an fm-receiver and can answer calls.

Its also possible to take the mp3-playing part out, something that is an advantage if you wish to use it while flying. The model with one GB costs around 2000 krowns*

*about €200

aerials
March 4th, 2006, 07:41 PM
There are a few more pics on the official Victorinox page:

http://www.victorinox.ch/index.cfm?site=victorinox.ch&page=242&lang=D

The english version seems not yet avalaible.

I like the design of the remote, but I'm quite happy with my ipod nano.

fuscia
March 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
all you need is a bottle opener, hangnail clippers and tunes. did i leave anything out?

K.Mandla
March 4th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I was going to be a smartass and ask how you listened to the music. ... Do you stick the knife in your ear? :p

Lovechild
March 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Self defence and music.. all in one.. sexy.

/me puts on Rage against the Machine - F*ck da Police