PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Frustrating warning: gtk_form_set_static_gravity

Hguest
January 31st, 2010, 12:14 AM
Hi, folks:
I'm having problems with my gvim.
My platform is Ubuntu 9.10, with the latest gvim version. I've been having annoying warnings every time I open gvim:

(gvim:8878): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times

** (gvim:8878): CRITICAL **: gtk_form_set_static_gravity: assertion `static_gravity_supported' failed

** (gvim:8878): CRITICAL **: gtk_form_set_static_gravity: assertion `static_gravity_supported' failed

Two types of warnings: 1. g_set_progname called multiple times;
2. static gravity

For problem tow, I find a solution on the web, but the solution is for debian. The problem with this solution is, I don't even have the file "gui_gtk_f.c" that is proposed to be changed. Does anyone know what is the corresponding file on Ubuntu 9.10 that I make the changes? (Please let me know the changes if they are supposed to be different from what is proposed here: http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.257)

For problem one, I'm in the similar situation. Here is what is proposed:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/commit/?id=3dab24828edd8ebfd6d6c8bb20c181fc0d5650a1

But I don't have the gutils.c file!

Can someone out there help?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

redearth
February 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I'm having the same problem, as I'm sure many others are. I'm also having a difficult time with the instructions I've found on the web and can't figure out how to solve the problem for Ubuntu 9.10.

redearth
February 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Okay, while waiting for vim to be updated in Ubuntu, I just added this as a bash alias since I don't need any output from gvim anyway:

alias gvim="gvim 2>/dev/null"

Hguest
December 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Okay, while waiting for vim to be updated in Ubuntu, I just added this as a bash alias since I don't need any output from gvim anyway:

alias gvim="gvim 2>/dev/null"

Yep, you're the man.
Sorry about the late reply, though.