PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem Installing Ubuntu? (Easy..)

Akatsuki26
January 30th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Problem with CD Drive?
I have burned the latest Ubuntu 9.10 onto a CD... everything seems fine, when I run the CD, it tells me to restart the computer. That's what I do, but Windows then boots up normally, it does not run in the "Install Ubuntu-Mode"... When I then go to "Computer", and run the CD, again the window comes and tells me to restart.

Can anyone help? (I'm running Vista Home Premium)

Thanks a lot!

VideoRoy
January 30th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Problem with CD Drive?
I have burned the latest Ubuntu 9.10 onto a CD... everything seems fine, when I run the CD, it tells me to restart the computer. That's what I do, but Windows then boots up normally, it does not run in the "Install Ubuntu-Mode"... When I then go to "Computer", and run the CD, again the window comes and tells me to restart.

Can anyone help? (I'm running Vista Home Premium)

Thanks a lot!

What type of install do you want to do? If you are trying to do an install within Windows I probably cannot help much.

Typically you would boot to the CD but from what you said it is not clear if you are trying to start the CD from within Windows.

One other item if you are trying to boot and are just going straight to Windows the problem might be that you have to "Hit any key to boot CD ...." type of message. Depending on the computer and if you Windows installed sometimes you have to hit a key during the boot process for it to boot to CD.

And last item assuming you are trying to boot and it is just not working, you may need to go into BIOS (DEL, F10, ESC) depending on your computer make and make sure your CD ROM is set to be the first boot device in the priority.

switch10
January 30th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Are you trying to install using wubi (installing inside of windows)? Or are you trying to dual boot your system?

Akatsuki26
January 30th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the answers guys..

When you run the Ubuntu-CD the first time, you get three options. I chose the first one, which says something like "try out Ubuntu", because I want to first try it as a Live-CD..

So I'm not running it directly in Windows.

Thanks.