PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] the upgrade alternative CD Download, every when updated

lse123
January 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I have ubuntu 9.04 and want to upgrade to 9.10, well the upgrade alternative CD Download, every when updated? the new update of this CD Download when will come? if came today and Download & install today again will needed download other files from internet to complete, either required this or not?

lse123
February 10th, 2010, 11:43 AM
this alternate cd ubuntu 9.10 [upgrade from 9.04] when renewed?
if I want to upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10, and 9.04 needs updates install, these must get installed or may dimissed?

Cheezespread
February 10th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I am assuming this is what you want to ask :

1.the new update of this CD Download when will come? /this alternate cd ubuntu 9.10 [upgrade from 9.04] when renewed? -- Is there an updated alternate CD to be downloaded ? - The 9.10 Ubuntu cd which you downloaded would be the final one. Not that i know of an updated ubuntu 9.10 cd

2.if I want to upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10, and 9.04 needs updates install, these must get installed or may dimissed? -

Are you asking if you need to install the 9.04 updates and then upgrade to 9.10 or to go ahead with upgrading to 9.10 and installing the required uypdates ?

If thats the question - I would prefer installing 9.10 first ( upgfrade from 9.04) and then updating the installation.

lse123
February 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I mean for the CD [FOR UPGRADE FROM 9.04-TO->9.10] Downloaded as iso and burned, this iso when get renewed lastly? please spcify from which download site you refer?

Cheezespread
February 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
you could try the Bit torrent link here (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#bt).

lse123
February 10th, 2010, 02:51 PM
when this bittorrent last updated? the lasted the best and less download additional updates needed correct?

lse123
February 11th, 2010, 03:21 PM
the alternative CD Download used among others for upgrade from 9.04-to->9.10 ubuntu, is it updated itself any, or remains one and the same since it's first release...?

MK_67
February 11th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Are you trying to ask:

If you install 9.10 using the alternative CD , will the newly installed 9.10 system be up to date ? as in no more 9.10 updates required ?

i was going to ask a similar question because the full 9.10 iso in ubuntu's website requires an extra 350 mb download in upgrades. will the alternative CD fix that problem?

lse123
February 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I want upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10, with the least updates needed after then... well alternative CD iso is it being added new updates or NOT NOTHING just one edition of it exist?

darkod
February 11th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Are you trying to ask:

If you install 9.10 using the alternative CD , will the newly installed 9.10 system be up to date ? as in no more 9.10 updates required ?

i was going to ask a similar question because the full 9.10 iso in ubuntu's website requires an extra 350 mb download in upgrades. will the alternative CD fix that problem?

No, it won't. The CD images are the same as originally released I believe. If you look here towards the bottom:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/karmic/

the ISOs are from 27-Oct. Any updates still need to be downloaded.

I'm not sure if you can download a DVD with karmic but I believe it only offers additional software on it instead downloading it, not the updates. They still need to be downloaded.
And it's better to download 350MB updates then 4GB DVD right?

MK_67
February 11th, 2010, 08:03 PM
No, it won't. The CD images are the same as originally released I believe. If you look here towards the bottom:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/karmic/

the ISOs are from 27-Oct. Any updates still need to be downloaded.

I'm not sure if you can download a DVD with karmic but I believe it only offers additional software on it instead downloading it, not the updates. They still need to be downloaded.
And it's better to download 350MB updates then 4GB DVD right?

i mean the 12 mb cd https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD ! sorry for the confusion ..... will it grab the latest up to date ubuntu 9.10 during installation ?

example: install of the October Iso has package-x v1.1 ..... then update manager tells me there is v1.2 to download ............. The Mini CD, does it go straight to v1.2 during installation because it uses the internet as the source instead of cd?

Honestly i prefer an updated 700mb download (like netinstall in debian) and spare the extra 350 mb in updates because i`m on a bandwith limit.

darkod
February 11th, 2010, 08:07 PM
i mean the 12 mb cd https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD ! sorry for the confusion ..... will it grab the latest up to date ubuntu 9.10 during installation ?

example: install of the October Iso has package-x v1.1 ..... then update manager tells me there is v1.2 to download ............. The Mini CD, does it go straight to v1.2 during installation because it uses the internet as the source instead of cd?

Honestly i prefer an updated 700mb download (like netinstall in debian) and spare the extra 350 mb in updates because i`m on a bandwith limit.

I wouldn't know for sure about the minimal cd but if it downloads from the internet it would be logical to use the latest available version(s).