PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't print in Live CD

Dai Bando
January 30th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I have tried loading different Live CD's on my Acer Aspire AG3760 and I cannot enter any data after the first two letters print using my Microsoft wireless keyboard. Any clues anyone?;)

mikewhatever
January 30th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I have tried loading different Live CD's on my Acer Aspire AG3760 and I cannot enter any data after the first two letters print using my Microsoft wireless keyboard. Any clues anyone?;)

The thread title suggests there is a printer related problem, but the text says it's a typing, or keyboard related one. Can you clarify which it is.

corncob
January 30th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Assuming you mean printing to the screen, does it work when you're not trying it from the live CD? You might try putting a fresh battery into the keyboard. Do you have another keyboard to try?

Dai Bando
January 30th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Everything works OK when I am not using an Ubuntu live disk.Mandriva runs OK.It only seems to happen with 9.04 and 9.10.
Thanks for the quick replies.

Dai Bando
January 31st, 2010, 03:19 PM
Bounce

lisati
January 31st, 2010, 03:22 PM
Bounce

fwd as attachment -> spam reporting service :D

lisati
January 31st, 2010, 03:23 PM
Everything works OK when I am not using an Ubuntu live disk.Mandriva runs OK.It only seems to happen with 9.04 and 9.10.
Thanks for the quick replies.

Please excuse the jest of the previous replies: Which is it, a printing problem or a typing problem?

admiralspark
January 31st, 2010, 03:38 PM
He's indicated that it's a typing problem, not a printer problem.

Please, could you give us more specifics on the keyboard? I'll assume that it's wireless through a USB port on the computer, which indicates that it needs a driver for the computer to recognize the device. The fact that you're only able to type one or two letters seems to show that there's a software problem.

Until we receive more information about the keyboard, the only thing I can point you towards is going to System --> Preferences --> Keyboard, then look for Microsoft Inc. in the list, then click on your keyboard model (or the one closest to it).

Dai Bando
January 31st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Please excuse the jest of the previous replies: Which is it, a printing problem or a typing problem?
It only happens apparently in 9.04 and 9.10. When I try to enter an address in the Address slot it only prints the first two or three letters then the whole system freezes.

admiralspark
January 31st, 2010, 04:58 PM
So can you type in a text document, such as OpenOffice or gedit? And your computer freezes, not the keyboard correct? This definitely sounds like a software issue...unless....
if you were to start your computer from the LiveCD and let it sit for a minute, or do something else, does it still freeze or is it only after you try to type?

Dai Bando
February 1st, 2010, 03:46 PM
This fault only occurs when I load a live disc and it seems to be only Ubuntu OS.
Today I tried it with Mint 8 and exactly the same thing occured. I can start up Firefox and it loads no problem, but as soon as I try to type anything in nothing appears. I run a Mandriva live disc with no problems at all.

Dai Bando
February 2nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
This fault only occurs when I load a live disc and it seems to be only Ubuntu OS.
Today I tried it with Mint 8 and exactly the same thing occured. I can start up Firefox and it loads no problem, but as soon as I try to type anything in nothing appears. I run a Mandriva live disc with no problems at all.
Bounce

corncob
February 2nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Bounce

Bump