PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else read "Just for fun"

mamamia88
January 30th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I just started reading it and it's a very enjoyable book. If you are even at all intterested at all in learning about the history of linux it might be worth your time

RichardLinx
January 30th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Never even heard of it. Till now.

Malakai
January 30th, 2010, 06:23 AM
From the thread title I thought you were asking if we read for fun, as in read because we enjoy reading, not a book called just for fun =)

The answer to your actual question is no. The answer to what I thought the question was is of course! I think most people reading this forum probably read for fun. I love reading all types of stuff, especially about tech (and some fiction, <3 S King).

My favourite book on linux so far has been "Running Linux, 4th Edition". I learned most of what I know about the basics of linux from it, but it was also fun & taught a lot about the history of linux and some of the roots/projects behind it too. It would be dated by now, Im sure the authors made new editions by now tho =)

waqas1290
January 30th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I have also never ever listen about it.

JDShu
January 30th, 2010, 06:44 AM
I'm not usually able to get myself off the computer long enough to read, but now that I commute for an hour on the train its given me a lot of time to do that.

Currently reading Joseph Stiglitz's Making Globalization Work. He actually mentions Linux in it!

PryGuy
January 30th, 2010, 07:59 AM
This one's a great book! My dad read it also (he's not a geek) and he was very pleased as well!