PDA

View Full Version : It's not so much can I do it, more what is it I want to do?

Roland TD-12 Rat
January 30th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I want to learn to program in ..... whatever. Advice: go read a book.
Right, and a perfectly valid comment. I've made a start on many, but it's not about how to do it, it's about how to do what? You see almost any thing that is really worth doing, already has dozens of brilliant programs written to do it with; programs which are a gazillion miles above where I'm starting from, and by the time a get as far as "hello what is your name?"
"Do you like chocolate" <name>, I'm pretty much bored witless, knowing full well that the leap from "hello world" to a fully fledged program that does ...... well who the heck knows anyway, is light years wide. Won't somebody please provide some sample programs that are practical enough to be interesting, but not so daunting that they put you off trying for the rest of your life. Probably not since we all like our little bit of exclusivity :-)

Kai69
January 30th, 2010, 01:23 AM
http://fullcirclemagazine.org/ They have some programing articles in the magazine there's 32 to download I havent read all of them but the Python programing shows how to make something work.

lisati
January 30th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Perhaps a project to analyse downloaded bank transaction history and prepare a report to show to a loan shark? Fairly straightforward exercise even if you don't get to use the report.