PDA

View Full Version : Best Rum and Coke?

Pogeymanz
January 29th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I need expert opinions.

Which Rum is best for Rum and Coke? I'm honestly not usually a rum guy; mostly preferring beer, but tonight I want to be adventurous.

thatguruguy
January 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that the only correct answer is, "Maker's Mark bourbon on the rocks."

saulgoode
January 29th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Pusser's

Cuddles McKitten
January 29th, 2010, 11:05 PM
I don't drink rum, so I'm mostly speaking out of my nether orifice, but I knew a guy who loved Captain the best.

JDorfler
January 29th, 2010, 11:07 PM
You can't go wrong with Cpt. Morgan. However, Parrot Bay and Orange Juice is really really nice. Tastes like an orange creamcicle.

JDorfler
January 29th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I don't drink rum, so I'm mostly speaking out of my nether orifice, but I knew a guy who loved Captain the best.

You must know me.

Ric_NYC
January 29th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I don't know anything about "rum"... but I just had an idea:

Rumbuntu.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6018/rumbuntu.png

:D

wojox
January 29th, 2010, 11:28 PM
I don't know anything about "rum"... but I just had an idea:

Rumbuntu.

:D

Linux for Alcoholics

Bacardi

ticopelp
January 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM
I second Bacardi. Captain Morgan's is a bit too sweet for me. With Coke, even more so.

lisati
January 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Linux for Alcoholics

Bacardi

I've heard that Barcadi goes well with coke.....

Rob@ThePCWiz.info
January 30th, 2010, 12:12 AM
I have always enjoyed "Captain Morgan: Tattoo" & Coke... its very nice, and you can normally get pretty tipsy off of a few mix drinks.

amazingtaters
January 30th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I would reccomend a clear/white rum over spiced rum. Other than that, buy cheap, because after all, you're going for a mix that will kill the subtle flavors of a quality rum anyway.

infestor
January 30th, 2010, 12:56 AM
bacardi superior+ coca cola...personally i dont like to mix those (resembles medicine taste to my papillas), coke on the side is nicer.

jrusso2
January 30th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I like mine with Myers dark Jamaican rum, coca cola and a lime slice.

Uncle Spellbinder
January 30th, 2010, 01:44 AM
I prefer a good ol' Dr. Morgan. Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper. Frakin' fantastic!

sailthesea
January 30th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Pussers straight, in front of a roaring fire
Coca Cola with ice

The two should never meet in a glass though. Heresy!

This a Professional opinion by the way I am fully qualified alcoholic/licensee

chucky chuckaluck
January 30th, 2010, 02:03 AM
white rum is better than dark when mixing with coke. if you're using top shelf liquor with coke, you're wasting money you could be giving to the poor and unfortunate.

JDShu
January 30th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Bacardi goes better with sprite. Captain Morgan is cheap enough to drink with Coke.

Chilli Bob
January 30th, 2010, 02:09 AM
White rum should only be used for cleaning windows and deodorising sneakers.

The best rum to put in coke is Bundaberg Rum. Rum should be brown and FULL-flavoured.

EDIT: I'm going out to buy a bottle now. Mmmmm.... rum.

http://www.sanza.co.uk/apps/shop/pics/5150.jpg

sisco311
January 30th, 2010, 02:16 AM
don't drink unwashed rum. :p

white rum is better than dark when mixing with coke. if you're using top shelf liquor with coke, you're wasting money you could be giving to the poor and unfortunate.

+1

JSeymour
January 30th, 2010, 02:17 AM
The only proper way to drink rum & coke mixed is the Cuba Libre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba_Libre). IMO, the best rum for that is Bacardi's 151, as it takes a rum with cojones for the rum not to be completely overcome by the syrupy sweetness of coke and the dilution from the ice cubes.

I also used to occasionally enjoy getting slowly blitzed on Cpt. Morgan's & coke ;)

judge jankum
January 30th, 2010, 02:27 AM
forget the glass...ok forget the coke....just gimme the bottle....As my night begins to progress with blood in one eye and Buntu in the other...LOL!!!!