PDA

View Full Version : [other] gnome-terminal & openbox application settings

covertcj
January 29th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Hi,
I have an openbox desktop set up and am looking to put a terminal in the corner that has no border, title, etc.
I have managed to get everything working except for the removal of the window decorations. I have been trying to use the rc.xml in the openbox configurations, but can't find a way to uniquely identify this specific terminal window. I have tried to use commands such as:

gnome-terminal --geometry 80x24-22-54 --profile=dock --hide-menubar --role="DockTerminal"or

gnome-terminal --geometry 80x24-22-54 --profile=dock --hide-menubar --name="DockTerminal"but these do not seem to work.

Does anyone know how I might go about resolving this issue?

Thanks,
Chris

Megafag
January 30th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Hi,
I have an openbox desktop set up and am looking to put a terminal in the corner that has no border, title, etc.
I have managed to get everything working except for the removal of the window decorations. I have been trying to use the rc.xml in the openbox configurations, but can't find a way to uniquely identify this specific terminal window. I have tried to use commands such as:

gnome-terminal --geometry 80x24-22-54 --profile=dock --hide-menubar --role="DockTerminal"or

gnome-terminal --geometry 80x24-22-54 --profile=dock --hide-menubar --name="DockTerminal"but these do not seem to work.

Does anyone know how I might go about resolving this issue?

Thanks,
Chris

This (http://crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/howto_have_terminator_become_your_wallpaper) might be helpful, but its kinda dependant on terminator and crunchbang...