PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bonobo Display Resolution

toddpedlar
January 29th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hi -

I've had a Serval Performance for about 3 years and am very interested in looking into a Bonobo now that the new model has come out... however, the only thing that's holding me back is the display resolution. The main reason I'm wanting a 17" screen is for multiple windows for analysis purposes, and at the 1440x900 max resolution, I'm really not sure I want to pull the trigger. Is there any other option (Why not 1920x1200 WUXGA?) that is possible or likely in the near future? I was really hoping to buy one as the Spring semester gets going, but now I'm not so sure.

Todd

thomasaaron
January 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
No new resolution options slated for the Bonobo at this time. I've forwarded your comment to the appropriate folks. We have had a few requests for different resolutions, so...

miniyak
February 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM
i'm not really digging the new resolutions in general ether

seems like the format from wide to ultra-wide (or w.e.) is an industry wide thing. Or is that just a bad assumption on my part?

thomasaaron
February 2nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
No, miniyak. You're absolutely right. It's an industry-wide shift.

jars_u
August 23rd, 2010, 04:07 AM
I'd like to see at least a 1600 x 900 resolution on a 17" monitor.

isantop
August 23rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
We don't have explicit plans to offer that resolution on our 17" model. However, I'll be sure to forward you request to the R&D team. We track all customer inquiries.