PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help needed ubuntu 9.10 live disc

hammmondr
January 29th, 2010, 05:09 PM
i just downloaded ubuntu9.10 to run as a live disc on my ibook g4 800mhz 256ram my harddisc is broken i downloaded hedge hodge 5.1 or something last night and followd the instruction to put it on disc and that work fine just no wireless so i download the lastest ubuntu from there website and followed there disc burning instruction now when i start the ibook it just goes to that annoying apple with the loading symbol under where as when i put in hedge hog version 5 and press C it starts ubuntu what can or should i do would i be better downloading another version any help would be grateful

darkod
January 29th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure if ibook makes a difference, but ubuntu needs more than 256MB memory to run the livecd.

hammmondr
January 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM
which one needs less than 256mb because like i say i have ubuntu 5.01 running of live disc

audiomick
January 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
@ hammmondr : Your posts are very difficult to understand. Please try and use Capital letters and punctuation. It would make life a lot easier for the people trying to help you.;)

darkod
January 29th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Xubuntu 9.10 seems to install on 192MB or more. It has slightly different layout than ubuntu, but this is the version for lower spec hardware.
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/9.10/release/