PDA

View Full Version : Bad news guys - i wont be here for some time

sandyd
January 29th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Bad news - i wont be here for the next while (indefiantely actually) due to the fact that I was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer (there are some unusual dark lumps in my thyroid which my doctor thinks is cancer).

Ill be away starting tomorrow - luckily this cancer isnt fatal - i can simply remove the entire thyroid if it spreads too far.

See you guys in a while and hope Ill be alright.

p.s. my adopted brother/b.f. dolphinaura (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1005426) (gary)

will be taking over while im not here.

say hi!

ulfj
January 29th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Aw bummer,all will be fine,just take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress.

ulf

RiceMonster
January 29th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Best of luck

HarrisonNapper
January 29th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Get well soon :)

Also, a star :KS because throwing in a star never hurt anybody.

mobilediesel
January 29th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Bad news - i wont be here for the next while (indefiantely actually) due to the fact that I was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer (there are some unusual dark lumps in my thyroid which my doctor thinks is cancer).

Damn. and I was bitching about my migraines!

Ill be away starting tomorrow - luckily this cancer isnt fatal - i can simply remove the entire thyroid if it spreads too far.

p.s. my adopted brother/b.f. dolphinaura (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1005426) (gary)

say hi!

Yeah there are conditions that are treatable now that used to be considered death sentences. It's amazing how many people you can find now that can say they HAD cancer. Past tense. Chances are excellent you'll be among them. :)

Swagman
January 29th, 2010, 04:52 AM

say hi!

Wow... Best wishes for a speedy recovery

dolphinaura
January 29th, 2010, 04:57 AM
<snip>
Yeah there are conditions that are treatable now that used to be considered death sentences. It's amazing how many people you can find now that can say they HAD cancer. Past tense. Chances are excellent you'll be among them. :)

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/thyroid/Patient/page4

not really new treatment though since my sister's getting surgery.

scouser73
January 29th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Really sorry to hear this, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and come back soon.

All the best,

scouser73

whiskeylover
January 29th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Best wishes. I'll drink a beer for your speedy recovery.

fatcrab
January 29th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I to wish you a speedy recovery Carlee and hi Gary.

judge jankum
January 29th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Our hearts and prayers are with you" hurry back k.........

mobilediesel
January 29th, 2010, 05:47 AM
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/thyroid/Patient/page4

not really new treatment though since my sister's getting surgery.

It's amazing what surgery can take care of now with early detection. My father-in-law had colon cancer. Wasn't caught as early as it should have been but doctors do amazing work these days. He'll be around to re-tell his stories a few thousand more times. :D

Carlee won't be away from the forums here for TOO long.

Ric_NYC
January 29th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Best wishes!

lisati
January 29th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I'll have a beer coffee in honour of a speedy recovery, in the hope that you'll be around for a long time to come!

kgarbutt
January 29th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Carlee, hang in there. Everyone here on Ubuntu forums, myself included, will be pulling for you. We'll be looking forward to your return & your beautiful smile.

KennyG

AllRadioisDead
January 29th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Best of luck.
Gary? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxWKIXIyL1g)

sandyd
January 29th, 2010, 06:12 AM
It's amazing what surgery can take care of now with early detection. My father-in-law had colon cancer. Wasn't caught as early as it should have been but doctors do amazing work these days. He'll be around to re-tell his stories a few thousand more times. :D

Carlee won't be away from the forums here for TOO long.
--dolphinaura--
its really late (3am in the morning actually) and i unforunately cant use my netbook to post using my own account... but my sister is expected to come back by next week, around wed-thursday.
shes napping right now, but ill take a snap of this page before i go out tomorow cause were not supposed to have 3G cards or cells on while inside the hospital.
and in case your curious why im taking a snapshot, she said she wanted to see one....
night....

CharlesA
January 29th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Best of luck.

k3lt01
January 29th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Carlee, I hope things go ok for you, I sort of know the feelings you will be having atm. I to have had thyroid problems but have been fortunate so far. Take it easy and remember to take care.

Gary, welcome to Ubuntu forums. Please keep us informed how Carlee is going but also remember to be a valued member of the Ubuntu community in your own right.

dolphinaura
January 29th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Carlee, I hope things go ok for you, I sort of know the feelings you will be having atm. I to have had thyroid problems but have been fortunate so far. Take it easy and remember to take care.

Gary, welcome to Ubuntu forums. Please keep us informed how Carlee is going but also remember to be a valued member of the Ubuntu community in your own right.

I actually know the rules :) . up until 7 days ago, i shared my sisters account. you can ask her if you want when she comes back. we only seperated our accounts when mass confusion resulted with the sharing of one account...

k3lt01
January 29th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I actually know the rules :) . up until 7 days ago, i shared my sisters account. you can ask her if you want when she comes back. we only seperated our accounts when mass confusion resulted with the sharing of one account...lol. the mass confusion is still happening then hey :popcorn: . I didn't know so it doesn't matter to me if you shared or not.

Take care ok.

HangukMiguk
January 29th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Our hearts and prayers are with you" hurry back k.........

This.

XubuRoxMySox
January 29th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Get better quick, and thanks for all your contributions so far. We all look forward to hearing more from you when you return... thanks for filling in for Carlee, Gary.

-Robin

Grenage
January 29th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Good luck with the op, I hope it goes well.

NoaHall
January 29th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Life's sure a bitch sometimes.

Also, your adopted brother is also your boyfriend? Hm..

audiomick
January 29th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hi.
A thought for you, Gary.
My youngest brother just had his Prostate removed. He's only 40.
It's a tough thing to have in the family.

ikt
January 29th, 2010, 01:23 PM
hope Ill be alright.

Hope you'll be alright!

Best of luck ! :KS

soni1770
January 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
good luck.

take care:KS

amitabhishek
January 29th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Best wishes from a distant land. See you around soon:KS.

pwnst*r
January 29th, 2010, 06:31 PM

say hi!

Take care, but we'll see you back here =)

whoop
January 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Get well soon :)

Also, a star :KS because throwing in a star never hurt anybody.

As long as you don't throw a ninja star :D

@carlee: Good luck, all will be fine... A friend of mine just had a bunch of cancerous glands removed, he's doing just fine...

ubuntu27
January 29th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I hope you will get better Carlee [-o<

bshosey
January 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Best wishes and luck to you.

I had a sister that had breast cancer. The advise she use to give

"Though good times and bad always be positive and enjoy yours and others life."

nowin4me
January 29th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Get well soon!

deanhopkins
January 29th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I dont know you, but I hope you get well soon. Cancer is a tragic part of human life.

HappinessNow
January 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM

Carlee, I hope for you the best and look forward to your return.

Rex Bouwense
January 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Carlee, Nothing but good thoughts emanating from this end. Welcome Gary even though you were probably always here.

gletob
January 29th, 2010, 09:00 PM
You have only the best of wishes. I'm sure the entire UF.org community is behind you.

Best of luck.

Shibblet
January 29th, 2010, 10:17 PM
I going to write an .sh script that prays for you! ;)

We'll keep you in our hearts and prayers.

The Toxic Mite
January 29th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Wow... Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Ditto :KS

emeraldgirl08
January 29th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation :(

I see many threads by you and all are very helpful!

I will send nothing but positive energy your way!

:KS

Merovius
January 30th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Best wishes to a friendly face on the forum. :)

RabbitWho
January 30th, 2010, 12:57 AM
$ sudo yes carlee get well soon

lisati
January 30th, 2010, 01:02 AM
A "double ditto" on the well-wishing. I'm aware of a handful of regulars at the forums who have health issues to face and are still around to share their experience (myself included) and I'm sure like the rest of us you'll continue to be able to play a part in this community.

dolphinaura
January 30th, 2010, 01:03 AM
---update--
my sister (carlee) is lucky. although she will have to take it easy for a few weeks, she should be back sometime between monday-tuesday. :) :) :P:P

and no, they didnt need to remove the whole thyroid.

cariboo
January 30th, 2010, 01:09 AM
That's great to see.

mobilediesel
January 30th, 2010, 01:12 AM
---update--
my sister (carlee) is lucky. although she will have to take it easy for a few weeks, she should be back sometime between monday-tuesday. :) :) :P:P

Nice! I guess the cancer was caught quite early.

hanzomon4
January 30th, 2010, 01:13 AM
---update--

Where's the like button? :KS

earthpigg
January 30th, 2010, 01:15 AM
---update--

yay!

wojox
January 30th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Rest up and take it easy Carlee. :p

Joeb454
January 30th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Where's the like button? :KS

We're not on facebook ;)

Glad to hear all is looking positive though :D

judge jankum
January 30th, 2010, 01:19 AM
---update--
my sister (carlee) is lucky. Although she will have to take it easy for a few weeks, she should be back sometime between monday-tuesday. :) :) :p:p

yesssssssssssssss!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chillicampari
January 30th, 2010, 02:30 AM
yay!

And another "yay!" + a happy dance!

yester64
January 30th, 2010, 04:24 AM
It always saddens me to hear if young people get cancer.
I dearly wish it will taken care off and that you recover from it. Best wishes.;)

Sef
January 30th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Nice to hear she will be ok.

tgalati4
January 30th, 2010, 05:14 AM
\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/Yea team Carlee.\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

mechro
January 30th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Get well soon.

witeshark17
January 30th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Very best of luck!

Lightstar
January 30th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Think positive, it will attract positive results.

I've been there, 3 years ago.

My thoughts are with you.

k3lt01
January 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Notch up another one for the good guys :popcorn:

It's good news. Remember to take your time recovering, relax and enjoy the simple things in life.

Khakilang
January 30th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Godspeed to recovery and best of luck.

travmon69
January 30th, 2010, 01:34 PM
get well soon!

a2z
January 30th, 2010, 01:45 PM
A strong will = quick recovery.
And a little prayer always helps /\ ;)

a2z

Mukoi
January 31st, 2010, 10:01 AM

say hi!

Hi Carlee,

Hope that all is going well with you.

I hate cancer and other sicknesses that can harm the body so much and bring so much sadness. It can be so difficult deciding what to do. Lots of well meaning advice is presented and that can make it harder to decide.

I have heard that cancer likes sugar, yeast, mold and fungus. So, I have heard that people have been helped by eliminating as much as possible sugar, bread with yeast, cheese and so on. I have also heard that there are some natural ways that might help. Maybe this website may be of interest.

http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/index.html

I'm no expert and I don't want to stress you out. So I hope this message hasn't offended you.

Anyway, I guess you and your friends have been researching all that is about.

Take care. You are very precious!

ikt
January 31st, 2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/index.html

The main reason may be that conventional cancer treatment is still far from reaching its long sought-after victory over cancer, even after decades of intensive research into which billions of dollars have been poured. On the contrary, cancer incidence and mortality have continued to steadily and dramatically rise in the Westernized world, with no end to this tendency in sight.

--

The discovery that certain toxic chemicals administered in combination can cure certain cancers ranks as one of the greatest in modern medicine. Childhood ALL, testicular cancer, and Hodgkins disease, previously universally fatal, are now generally curable diseases. Conventional cytotoxic chemotherapy has shown the ability to cure some cancers, including testicular cancer, Hodgkin disease, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and some leukemias. It has also proved effective in the adjuvant setting, in reducing the risk of recurrence after surgery for high-risk breast cancer, colon cancer, and lung cancer, among others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_cancer_chemotherapy#Effectiveness

wut

Bölvağur
January 31st, 2010, 01:18 PM
---update--

good to hear.
send her my best :tongue:

The Real Dave
January 31st, 2010, 05:33 PM
Best of Luck mate! :D

wirepuller134
January 31st, 2010, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear-pointing to the start of the thread, and Glad to hear-pointing to the rear of the thread. Now hurry back slacker!!

chucky chuckaluck
January 31st, 2010, 07:43 PM
if you're still on, do ask about the potential for damage to the laryngeal nerve. most likely, you won't have to worry about it, but it is a peripheral concern with thyroid operations. best of luck and get well soon.

k3lt01
February 1st, 2010, 05:27 AM
Here are a few links that I have used to get info with regards to my own condition. Some are Australian, cause we do things slightly differently here lol, but hopefully they can be of some good to you.

http://web.thyroid-fed.org/en/#home
http://www.thyroid.org.au/
http://www.thyroidfoundation.com.au/

I have links to medications etc. used in treating various thyroid conditions but I feel that it is best if that side of things is left to your treating doctor as each of us reacts slightly differently to this.

FuturePilot
February 1st, 2010, 05:32 AM
Get well soon. I hope everything goes well, and best of luck.

Megrimn
February 1st, 2010, 05:52 AM
i can simply remove the entire thyroid if it spreads too far.

Well, don't try to remove it by yourself - get the doctor to help you ^_^

Good luck!

Jackelope
February 1st, 2010, 07:58 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Best wishes.

sandyd
February 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM
hey guys.... im baaaaaackkkk!!!!!

ubername
February 1st, 2010, 02:13 PM

Hurrayy!!!!

arnab_das
February 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
wish u a speedy recovery. get well soon!

ubuntu27
February 3rd, 2010, 04:29 AM

Hi Carlee. Welcome back! :KS

How are you doing now?

Gallahhad
February 3rd, 2010, 04:36 AM
Welcome back!

pwnst*r
February 3rd, 2010, 04:47 AM
wb, Carlee!

The Toxic Mite
February 3rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Welcome back, Carlee! :)

toupeiro
February 3rd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Welcome back. Here's to your health and a speedy full recovery!

Cheers!
-T

HarrisonNapper
February 3rd, 2010, 06:27 PM
It was the stars, I bet :D

Welcome back.