PDA

View Full Version : Nice

KiwiNZ
January 29th, 2010, 03:13 AM
"With a boost from the release of Windows 7, Microsoft on Thursday said that its quarterly revenue topped $19 billion as the company sold a record number of copies of its operating system.
The software maker said it earned $6.66 billion, or 74 cents per share, on revenue of $19.02 billion for the three-month period that ended December 31"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10443802-56.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0

I would like some of that , add that to Apples 1st quater and US IT giants are doing OK

nmccrina
January 29th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Microsoft would go and earn $6.66 billion. Geez.

baddog144
January 29th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Not bad. Not bad at all.

lisati
January 29th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Microsoft would go and earn $6.66 billion. Geez.

Phew! I wonder what I'd do if I had a few billion dollars to spare.....

<aside>I hope the nutcases don't get hold of the predominance of 6s here...... I don't think we need to go there.....</aside>

KiwiNZ
January 29th, 2010, 03:22 AM

<aside>I hope the nutcases don't get hold of the predominance of 6s here...... I don't think we need to go there.....</aside>

I would buy a Chocbar , its sooooo hot today

nmccrina
January 29th, 2010, 03:22 AM

lol, I was trying to go there, but everyone seems not to bite. Probably just as well. :)

KiwiNZ
January 29th, 2010, 03:24 AM
I am pure of heart and sole I didnt even notice :P

forrestcupp
January 29th, 2010, 03:43 AM
It doesn't matter. The number of the beast is really 616. :P

BuffaloX
January 29th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Seems there are more downs than ups in those numbers, but the up outweighs the downs. When looking at revenue, only Windows and other are up, all others are down.
Income is a bit better, probably because MS cut some costs here and there, but you can't keep cutting costs, if revenues keep going down, income will eventually follow.

I thought Office earned more money than Windows, every company I know use MS Office, and it used to be pretty expensive, but maybe they have lowered the price?

Queue29
January 29th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Didn't boycott novell just post something about Microsoft being on the verge of death?

seenthelite
January 29th, 2010, 04:52 AM
BHP BILITON makes billions selling resources etc, thats what successful businesses do in our capitalist society, create wealth and employment.

schauerlich
January 29th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Didn't boycott novell just post something about Microsoft being on the verge of death?

Wishful thinking on their part.

lisati
January 29th, 2010, 05:18 AM

It is hot here too, reminds me of the "tropics" north of the Bombay Hills (NZ). I've never managed to figure out where the border guards hide. This is good: all the more chocolate fish for me, saves having to bribe the the border guards. A lot of changes in that area since I moved south to the vicinity of Windy Wellington.

<aside>A lot of people think Porirua is part of Wellington. They're confused. Wellington City officially ends somewhere around Tawa, just south of Porirua.</aside>

HappinessNow
February 7th, 2010, 11:38 PM

I would feed the world!...beats the Sarah Silverman "Feed the World" suggestion but not nearly as entertaining. :p

sudoer541
February 8th, 2010, 02:15 AM
my biggest congrats to them for creating such a perfect OS as Windows 7!
I am still on xp and I will buy 7 next year or so.
I read excellent reviews about windows 7 and its OMG the best of the best!!!

Thanks Microsoft! :p

Kenny_Strawn
February 8th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Big whoop! As soon as M$F+ is done with its proprietary lock fest, I'll be happy. Until then, it's up to us to promote Linux and kill M$.

LightB
February 8th, 2010, 02:24 AM

Where? not boycotnovell.com the direct page.

How much have they made on zunes and xboxes? not units sold, net revenue. How are those touch tables goin?

MooPi
February 8th, 2010, 02:31 AM
my biggest congrats to them for creating such a perfect os as windows 7!
I am still on xp and i will buy 7 next year or so.
I read excellent reviews about windows 7 and its omg the best of the best!!!

Thanks microsoft! :p
what ?

LightB
February 8th, 2010, 02:33 AM
what ?

shill

fatcrab
February 8th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Big whoop! As soon as M$F+ is done with its proprietary lock fest, I'll be happy. Until then, it's up to us to promote Linux and kill M$.

My god,you are so full of rice! But you are good,very good:D.

ericmc783
February 8th, 2010, 03:31 AM
"With a boost from the release of Windows 7, Microsoft on Thursday said that its quarterly revenue topped $19 billion as the company sold a record number of copies of its operating system.

wow. that's an awful lot of kool-aid drinkers.

Simon17
February 8th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Where? not boycotnovell.com the direct page.

How much have they made on zunes and xboxes? not units sold, net revenue. How are those touch tables goin?

Maybe not just, but fairly recently.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1361609