PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu mount eror

rickeyh
January 28th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone, I am new but thank you for allowing me in. Yes I do have a question. i have recently setup and installed Ubuntu 9.04 on a virtulal drive usingVMWare 6.04, installed the desktop gui as well, I need to add other drives for data and loggng, which I did in the VMWare side. I can see the 2 drives in ubuntu, but can not access them, I get he unable to mount location when I try. How can resolve this please as I need these to virtual drives to be used as data drives.

Thanks
Rick

earthpigg
January 28th, 2010, 07:56 PM
hi,

i don't have an exact solution to your problem, but i believe the vast vast majority of folks here (including me) use VirtualBox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirtualBox) for virtualization.

a bit part of this popularity is that it has an open source version, works great with linux, and is $0.00 (the full-featured proprietary version is also $0.00 for personal use).

the unfortunate part of this is that you may have trouble finding folks on these forums that have the necessary knowledge to help you with VMWare stuff -- if i had ever used VMWare, i'd love to help you... but i haven't, so i cant.

if ubuntuforums.org is your primary source for tech support when you can't figure ubuntu-related things out on your own, it may be in your best interests to use what most folks here use... that way there is the greatest pool of people possible that could help you.