PDA

View Full Version : Wii mod- softmode/modchip

ukripper
January 28th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Recently i softmodded my wii using bannerbomb v1 on wii firmware 3.4E. i was wondering how many of our members here have modded their wii and are running what kind of apps?

Personally, I am running homebrew browser, homebrew channel(obviously), SNES emulator, NES emulator, Quake game port, Quake 3 engine, emulated rom games on 2GB sd card. Thinking to go for 8gb now.

Has anyone installed wad manager on firmware 3.4?

please share your views..

clonne4crw
January 29th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I used BannerBomb to softmod my Wii sometime back in June. I've installed Homebrew Channel, and been playing Quake and old SNES, NES, and GameBoy games using emulators. I love it.

Actually, this weekend I was planning on trying to upgrade to 4.2 to be able to play New Super Mario Bros, because it keeps trying to force an update.

forrestcupp
January 29th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I soft modded my 4.2 with the new bannerbomb. I have the homebrew channel and browser, as well as some other stuff.

It rarely gets used, though. I find that the apps/games are slow and buggy. I've had it lock up to the point of having to do a hard reset more than once. Also, it takes forever to download and install things using the browser.

doorknob60
January 29th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I hacked mine quite a while ago with the Zelda hack. Not sure what poll category that falls under though :P I use it to play SNES games and even some N64 games (Wii64 is starting to become usable now, yay!).

AllRadioisDead
January 29th, 2010, 05:23 AM
I sold my wii a while ago and bought a 360. If I ever bought one, It would get modded for sure.

shadetree1
January 29th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Soft modded my new wii 4.2, using bannerbomb. Installed homebrew and browser, bootmii, iso249, TBR, ATDM, Explorer, and USBloader.

ukripper
January 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I am glad to see our folks here are into modding too.

I tried Sega saturn emulator but "saturn bomberman" iso runs pathetically slow. any one tried saturn emulator?

SNES, NES or Wii64 had no problem whatsoever. I mostly play contra series and bomberman series on them.

i was wondering if i upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 would it break my homebrew channel?

forrestcupp
January 29th, 2010, 05:43 PM
i was wondering if i upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 would it break my homebrew channel?

Yes, and in some cases it may even brick your Wii. But there are ways to upgrade safely and remod it. Go to the Wiihacks forum (http://www.wiihacks.com/forum.php) and check out some of there stickies on how to do it safely.

ukripper
January 31st, 2010, 09:15 PM
Yes, and in some cases it may even brick your Wii. But there are ways to upgrade safely and remod it. Go to the Wiihacks forum (http://www.wiihacks.com/forum.php) and check out some of there stickies on how to do it safely.

Nice one. Thanks for info.

xpod
February 8th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I did our original 3.1j Wii(with wiikey already installed) quite recently with Bannerbomb. Updated through Homebrew to 4.1(via 4.0) with the firmware updater then used AnyRegionChanger(the ARCmod06_Offline4.1 version) to switch it over to English(4.1e) menus etc.
It currently uses the USB Loader GX for loading the games from an external drive but i think i`m going to change it over to the Configurable USB Loader.Seems to have more options.