PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] keyboard probs after update

senchan
January 28th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hi.
I installed Ubuntu (dual boot with Vista) and booted it and everything worked fine.
Then i updated it through the terminal and after restart there was a problem with the keyboard..I remember the same problem appeared before when I installed Ubuntu and it obviously hasn't got anything to do with my keyboard (i have a laptop) because it works fine on Vista and Ubuntu too before the update. Also, I tried plugging an USB keyboard now and the same problem persists.

The problem is this: it seems that the keyboard is going on and off rapidly - I can see that when I open google for instance and the text box is changing colors quickly (like getting highlighted and then unhighlihted and then highlighted again repeatedly) and I can't type in it unless I hit the exact time the textbox gets highlighted, it's almost impossible to type anything. Also when I go to System->Preferences->Keyboard and click the Layouts tab everything seems to blink there too (like some ghost is pressing the Alt button really fast for me xD) and I have same problem in the text box for testing keyboard layouts. I also can't click anything because of this, so I have to hold down the Alt button to open stuff like Keyboard options and such.

I tried changing layouts and still same thing. It's obvious the update messed it up somehow. Although, as you can see, it works right now, it toggles on and off every once in a while now (as if it calmed down or sth), so I miss a letter in 3 sentences. I have a feeling it will again get all wild after reboot, so please help if you heard of some problem like this! I would really appreciate it. :)