PDA

View Full Version : [Crying] I am moving [Crying]

sudoer541
January 28th, 2010, 01:20 AM
OMG I am moving tomorrow!!!

I am moving away from the beautiful city of Toronto to London Ontario:(.
I am gonna miss my favourite city!!! [crying!!!]

ok, I am panicking!!!

sudoer541
January 28th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Gonna miss Toronto!!! :(

dragos240
January 28th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Gonna miss Toronto!!! :(

Why are you moving sudoer? You can always take vacations to Toronto if you want.

Kdar
January 28th, 2010, 01:46 AM
thats sucks, man!

JDShu
January 28th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Thats only a couple hours drive away...

audiomick
January 28th, 2010, 01:48 AM
OMG I am moving tomorrow!!!

I am gonna miss my favourite city!!! [crying!!!]

ok, I am panicking!!!

You think that's bad, try doing Munich then Leipzig then (dramatic pause...) Heilbronn (cringes at the sound of the name...)

hansdown
January 28th, 2010, 01:53 AM
London's pretty cool sudoer541.

Check out some of the summer parties along lake Erie; Long point, Port Stanley, Port Burwell, Port Bruce.

Good summer fun.

RiceMonster
January 28th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Why are you moving sudoer? You can always take vacations to Toronto if you want.

Haha, vacation in Toronto.

connorh123
January 28th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I understand what you're feeling.
I moved from Florida to South Carolina, worst feeling in my life. Especially because I was only 11 years old :/.
Anyway, you'll move on and adapt to the new life. It'll take awhile, but you'll soon forget about it.

dragos240
January 28th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Haha, vacation in Toronto.

Why is having a vacation in your previous hometown funny?

AllRadioisDead
January 28th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Why is having a vacation in your previous hometown funny?
To be honest I don't see Toronto as a vacation spot.

blueshiftoverwatch
January 28th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Does anyone else think that two different cities shouldn't be allowed to have the same name? If nothing else, it just reeks of laziness. People need to come up with some new names. I hope if Humans ever start living in another planet they don't call it New Earth.

nmccrina
January 28th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Does anyone else think that two different cities shouldn't be allowed to have the same name? If nothing else, it just reeks of laziness. People need to come up with some new names. I hope if Humans ever start living in another planet they don't call it New Earth.

LMFAO :lolflag:

dragos240
January 28th, 2010, 02:27 AM
To be honest I don't see Toronto as a vacation spot.

Nor do I see my hometown, may just be a nice place to come back to. Seeing all your friends again, maybe your parents or other relatives, that's what I meant.

JDShu
January 28th, 2010, 02:43 AM

ehh... who cares its just a name. But then, I've lived in Athens, GA and Aberdeen, SD so maybe I'm desensitized.

On the other hand, the fact that there are over 50 Springfields in the United States is kind of ridiculous.

ratcheer
January 28th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Poor buddy.

Tim

MaxIBoy
January 28th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Earth literally means "the world." So the chances are very good that every single inhabited planet is called "Earth" in some language.

sudoer541
January 28th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Tomorrow early morning I will start going there.

witeshark17
January 28th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I'm sure you'll get used to it and find a bright side... :KS

sudoer541
January 28th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I am at my new home :(
tbh I kinda hate it here, but ohhh well ill get used to it.

NoaHall
January 28th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Life is good, when you can leave your past behind, if you can't, you see it again and again in your head, and you come to hate yourself.

Change is good.

scottuss
January 28th, 2010, 08:51 PM

If you set off to a "new world" to set up a colony, you would want to call some of the places familiar names, plus coming up with new names for places is probably really hard (I've never had to do it personally!)

Look at a map of the UK on Google Maps, then zoom over to America. I've lost count of the number of English city / town names that are used in the US / Canada. It doesn't hurt anyone! (Although it is annoying when I look for a place on Google maps and it takes me to the town in the US. Especially when I'm on Google UK..... :P )

JDShu
January 28th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Life is good, when you can leave your past behind, if you can't, you see it again and again in your head, and you come to hate yourself.

Change is good.

+1

In addition in this information age, you won't lost contact with your friends.

NoaHall
January 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM

Too late. Doctor who says there will be a 20th new earth.

pwnst*r
January 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I am at my new home :(
tbh I kinda hate it here, but ohhh well ill get used to it.

You usually do when it's not up to you.

RabbitWho
January 28th, 2010, 09:34 PM

There's a very popular urban myth here that some american said to someone's aunt (or brothers friend or cousin twice removed) "Oh you guys have a Dublin too? Is that named after the one in America? Cool!" But I don't believe it.

I like Americans :)

Anyway it couldn't be called "Earth" because earth is only the name of the planet in English, where as London is the name of the city in almost every language.
The planet would need to have some international name.... like Ubuntu

squilookle
January 29th, 2010, 01:13 AM
This year it will be 8 years since I moved from my hometown (Mansfield, near Nottingham in the UK to Newcastle Upon Tyne. I've never looked back - apart from missing the family I left behind but they're only a 3 hour drive away.

It is difficult but it will hopefully be as exciting to go to the new place as it is sad to leave the old one.

Good luck with the move, mate.

madmax.santana
January 29th, 2010, 01:36 AM
The feeling's happened to me when I was kid... But not now, had to get used to it given my occupation. The feeling is not strange, but it feels odd when I think about missing the place I live. I hope I could feel that way again. But that ain't possible when you get to live only a month or two at a place when you gotta move, lolxxx.

Goodluck with your new town pal... Just don't make it a habit to move on. :)

dragos240
January 29th, 2010, 01:38 AM
By the way, why DID you move in the first place?