PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Libraw - Help needed

fle86
January 27th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Hello Ubuntu users!

It seems that I really don't know how to update/reinstall a new library for my DigiKam.

Since there is no .deb package, I would like to install Libraw-0.8.5 from source code (http://www.libraw.org/download) and it happens that I just don't know what to do. I managed to make it through the extraction with:
tar xzvf LibRaw-0.8.5.tar.gz
cd LibRaw-X0.8.5
make

...and after that... total darkness.#-o

Please, help me to install this library so I can finally process the files from my new camera.

audiomick
January 27th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Hallo.
I can't try things out right now, I am on a windows box, but:
firstly, as far as I know, there is usually a read me or something with instructions included in a tar ball.

Secondly, there is at least one RAW converter in the repositories. I have one installed at home, and I am positive that I didn't install it from a tar. Have you looked in the synaptic package manager? Just search "raw" and see what turns up.

fle86
January 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi,

there is a bunch of RAW converters in the repositories, but the problem is, that I need the "latest" one in order to make it compatible with my camera raw.

In the tar ball I can't find anything helpful, but I think that's mainly because of my lack of programming skills/knowledge. There is no step by step idiot guide inside](*,)