PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HELP: Installation Location ('/dev/loop0'?)

chrini
January 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hello Ubuntu Community,

I have recently installed Ubuntu 9.10 on a 35 GB partition of my HDD and I was very dissapointed when I only had 6GB of free space after the install! (By the way, I used Wubi from Win 7 to perform the install.)

So after some investigation, I see (in gparted) that the 35 GB partition I installed Ubuntu on is still showing up as NTFS, which it shouldn't be since I pointed the install to that partition (right?). I also see that my filesystem, /home, etcetera, is installed on a 12 GB "partition" somewhere on the 35 GB partition... yes, I am thoroughly confused.

Could someone please give me some insight as to what is going on and possibly help me make the entire 35 GB partition my Ubuntu filesystem?

P.S. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the Wubi installer, but I could be wrong.

gnack
January 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM
This is a question for Wubi support. Unfortunately, the link for the "Wubi Forums" from wubi-installer.org is a bad link to ubuntuforums.org:

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=234

"Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

chrini
January 27th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Aha... yes, I just learned that Wubi is "a windows application." (I wonder if it is possible to change that without having to install a fresh copy of Ubuntu?) Thanks for the help, I will do some research.