PDA

View Full Version : Nexus One may be coming to a store near you

Excedio
January 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/01/26/google-nexus-one-walmart-deal-%E2%80%93-nexus-one-for-99-nexus-one-offering-att-verizon-compatibility-coming-soon/

Most interesting parts of the article:

Possibility of Sprint, Verison, & AT&T having the Nexus One.
Possibly only $99 with 2 year contract.

LowSky
January 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I just read about it on engadget. ButI cant find it on Walmart.com

EDIT: Found it
http://walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=36582&search=nexus+one#description

Excedio
January 26th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm excited. The less expensive the better. :-)

Sunflower1970
January 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Greeeaaat. Think I'm a bit angry with this. The $500+ phone I bought will now be subsidized by all carriers, and for $99?

If I was gonna be a beta tester for thie N1, fine, but Google needed to TELL us, and heavily discount the unlocked phone.

On a plus side, the phone rocks. I haven't had most of the problems others are reporting widely - Touchscreen, bad speaker, dust under the screen, or the screen breaks easily, (Already dropped the phone 4 feet above a tile floor then watched it slide for two feet. Not a dent, scratch or anything broken on it.) or needed to contact Google/HTC about any problems. Reports are very, very poor customer service with trying to contact Google.

A big minus: I have a problem with 3G connectivity in the two places I need the phone the most--home and work. My network fluctuates all over the darned place, yet Austin, TX is in a very saturated 3G T-Mobile area. I've checked-double checked, you name it in my neighborhood and downtown where I work. Tried all fixes, either they sort of work, or don't work at all. My speeds average around 400-500kpbs download and 300-400kpbs upload. Outside of those two places, at friends' homes, restaurants, in the car, grocery store, I get a perfect strong signal all the way around. Go figure.

If the 3G problems gets fixed where I have a good signal in my home & office--supposedly this week there will be an OTA update to the firmware, I probably will not be quite as upset with Google as I'm feeling right now.

I've never been a first adapter for anything, and thought I'd go ahead and do it. Think this is my last time...

Ric_NYC
January 26th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Wonderful...

Genius!

PurposeOfReason
January 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM
And I was about to get a hero on the 1st. I'm going to have to hold off to see how this plays out.

amazingtaters
January 26th, 2010, 08:07 PM
This could be awesome for me come upgrade time in May, as I'd like to stay with AT&T and also really want a Nexus.

aysiu
January 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
A big minus: I have a problem with 3G connectivity in the two places I need the phone the most--home and work. My network fluctuates all over the darned place, yet Austin, TX is in a very saturated 3G T-Mobile area. I've checked-double checked, you name it in my neighborhood and downtown where I work. Tried all fixes, either they sort of work, or don't work at all. My speeds average around 400-500kpbs download and 300-400kpbs upload. Outside of those two places, at friends' homes, restaurants, in the car, grocery store, I get a perfect strong signal all the way around. Go figure. Apparently, Google is working on a fix for that:
Google prepares 3G fix for Nexus One (http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20000014-264.html)

Sunflower1970
January 26th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah. I just hope the fix works.

Been reading about how some have flashed cyanogen's new ROM (from the xda-developer forum--in beta at the moment) and have noticed better 3G connectivity. I'm not that brave yet to flash mine. Gonna wait and see if the OTA update works first, then contemplate flashing...and maybe get around to it in the summer :lol:

SuperSonic4
January 26th, 2010, 08:41 PM
And as normal those of us in the rest of the world are ****** over

LowSky
January 26th, 2010, 09:21 PM
And as normal those of us in the rest of the world are ****** over

Why do you think you have it bad? The US lags behind Asia and Europe in most new cell phone technology.

DustinCasler
January 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty excited by this. I'm currently using a 1st generation iphone with my Tmobile service. But i'm not on a contract. So I wouldn't mind jumping ship to Verizon if it seemed like a solid plan. I'm a bit wary of sprint though. And want to do anything I can to not use ATT. The Nexus looks awesome.

Sunflower1970
January 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Looks like the N1 will not be coming to a Walmart near anyone anytime soon:

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-says-it-has-no-plans-to-carry-the-nexus-one-2010-1

(But even if it was listed in error, that may mean they are anticipating getting it at some point.)

Vignesh S
January 26th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Dayum, that sucks, seeing that Google isn't going to have the phone sold here in Australia:-(. And for its price, it is an incredible phone (and there's the fact that its using the latest Android version 2.1).

Hopefully, Google might change its mind

PurposeOfReason
January 26th, 2010, 11:42 PM
While I was excited, I'm not surprised. $99? Yeah right.

pwnst*r
January 26th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Looks like the N1 will not be coming to a Walmart near anyone anytime soon:

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-says-it-has-no-plans-to-carry-the-nexus-one-2010-1

(But even if it was listed in error, that may mean they are anticipating getting it at some point.)

A "mistake". Yeah, right.