PDA

View Full Version : London Ubuntu Users, participate in Canonical user testing!

castrojo
January 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Hi,

The Canonical design team is looking for volunteers in London to participate in user testing.

The testing will take place this Friday (29 Jan) during the day and extends all through next week, if you have the time to participate, please email iain@canonical.com directly and he will give you all the information you need.

They'd like a variety of users, so if you're an expert but your spouse isn't then you should both come. There will be a paid incentive for volunteers who participate.

EDIT: There will be heavy testing of Empathy. If you meet these criteria we could use a hand:

* People who don't have an account with Empathy (who will be setting one up for the test)
* People who use the Ubuntu version of Empathy
* People who use the Upstream version of Empathy

Psumi
January 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
So empathy is still the default? :| What a shame.

I can't participate though, not from London :P

rapidog
January 26th, 2010, 04:18 PM
There will be a paid incentive for volunteers who participate.

Do these include sexual favours?

whiskeylover
January 26th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Do these include sexual favours?

Yes. With other volunteers. *

* Not really

Swagman
January 26th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Shame about the London bit

sudoer541
January 26th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Come on Canonical, you should open a Canadian branch.
If you want, I can test empathy from here and Canonical can send me my money on my bank account?:D:D:p:p

AllRadioisDead
January 26th, 2010, 06:54 PM
If you want, I can test empathy from here and Canonical can send me my money on my bank account?:D:D:p:p
.....:?

earthpigg
January 26th, 2010, 06:59 PM

unless Canadian users are significantly smarter or dumber or more/less computer savvy or more/less linux savvy than Londoner users, there is no incentive for Canonical to do that.

they could benefit from setting up a branch in Jeebus Land, United States, though. for reasons stated above.

DoctorMO
January 26th, 2010, 07:27 PM
They already have a Canonical office in Canada, just not the design team.

NoaHall
January 26th, 2010, 07:41 PM
You know, I don't get it. How can we test it, using our own computers or what? Or is laptops a must?

cariboo
January 26th, 2010, 08:21 PM
In cases like this the company doing the testing usually supplies the computer.

rapidog
January 26th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Is living in London a requirement?