PDA

View Full Version : Infractions.....

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hey dudes/dudettes. Whats the crack with infractions man? Do i get a super special prize when i collect enough of them?

5 infractions = hamper of tasty sanwiches, canopes and savoury snacks!

10 infractions = All expenses paid trip for 2 to bonnie parie!

20 infractions = A car!

30 infractions = A house!

40 infractions = A small African country!

50 infractions = The world!

Or am i being perhaps instead a little too optimistic?

Allways look on the bright side of life buddum buddum buddum buddum.

- Monty Pythons Life of Brian.

Tristam Green
January 26th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Your special prize is a one-way ticket to not having to deal with your daily frustrations with the Ubuntu Forums that you seem to be having.

They just relieve all your ills in one fell swoop.

(in case you couldn't tell, this is getting tiresome)

in before the lock/move/ban

howefield
January 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM
:lolflag::lolflag:
a one-way ticket...

Rofl, one lives in hope....

:lolflag:

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I sense a smidgin of hostility here. Is there really any need? So the administrators are allowed to poke fun, but anyone else who pipes up "needs to adjust their humour" to that of the administrators? Hmm Sounds slightly unfair doesn't it?

Psumi
January 26th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I sense a smidgin of hostility here. Is there really any need? So the administrators are allowed to poke fun, but anyone else who pipes up "needs to adjust their humour" to that of the administrators? Hmm Sounds slightly unfair doesn't it?

I had the same problem on my old account. I got banned ;) Now I'm here, but, I'm trying to make sure I don't blow my top like I did. It's a bit hard to do so though, often times, no one wants to solve my issues. I keep bumping them, but no response. I had to give up on some installations of ubuntu (and use gnome instead) to get around them, which is annoying.

Tristam Green
January 26th, 2010, 03:49 PM

Hey, who said anything about adjustments? I just said I'm tired of seeing you rail about the moderation staff and their ability to keep the peace.

Sporkman
January 26th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Emu: Pork of the Future.

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Which is "flame baiting" is it not? I should report you ohmmm....*points finger and makes invasion of the bodysnatchersnoise....

Psumi
January 26th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Which is "flame baiting" is it not? I should report you ohmmm....*points finger and makes invasion of the bodysnatchersnoise....

Don't feed the fires of war. It'll only get you put in the brig.

Not trying to be rude or anything; but do what I did on freewebspace.net, take a 6 month break.

whiskeylover
January 26th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Guys! Remember, there is life outside of the internet! 8-[

howefield
January 26th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I sense a smidgin of hostility here.

And so you should, isn't that exactly what you are showing by creating such a thread ?

Isn't there the merest smidgin of hostility towards something/one that is behind the thread ?

Psumi
January 26th, 2010, 03:55 PM

ESPECIALLY when all the sidewalks are covered with ice, and you can't drive because you don't want to own a car, etc. and can't take the bus because you have no money, etc.

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Ah theyve turned you Psumi dude......*runs away in abject terror...there all over the place..noooo!!!! ;)

whiskeylover
January 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
ESPECIALLY when all the sidewalks are covered with ice, and you can't drive because you don't want to own a car, etc. and can't take the bus because you have no money, etc.

Video games > arguing on the internet

Edit: Hehe... I just argued.

Psumi
January 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Ah theyve turned you Psumi dude......*runs away in abject terror...there all over the place..noooo!!!! ;)

*watches and blinks every now and then; then facepalms*

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Not at all Howefield.

It was merely a playful analogy directed at no one in particular (well o.k maybe slightly at "the rule makers" but it was not a personal attack in any way shape or form. How is discussing rules that are in place ever a bad thing? If people didn't discuss rules e.t.c then they would never change for the better, would they not?

djchandler
January 26th, 2010, 03:58 PM
If you read the forum's code of conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy), you may understand why this is happening. A lot of us have been here a long time without getting infractions, although I'm sure that at times I've come close. I have a tendency to be a little volatile myself.

Make sure people understand your intent. Using the smilies helps--they are available for good reasons.

lisati
January 26th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Yes. Be careful of fire. The fire department is still at my neighbour's place, and it's 4a.m.. Their little boy got burned, and is likely to need a visit to hospital. I might post some video footage to YouTube when the adrenalin settles down a bit. Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2faB0Wogz4

howefield
January 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
It was merely a playful analogy directed at no one in particular (well o.k maybe slightly at "the rule makers" but it was not a personal attack in any way shape or form.

Now you're getting somewhere...

How is discussing rules that are in place ever a bad thing? If people didn't discuss rules e.t.c then they would never change for the better, would they not?

Who said it was a bad thing ?

There is a place for this though, it is called the resolution centre, given your encampment there last night I'd have thought you would be well acquainted with that. ;)

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I was unaware i had aquired an audience. Well i had best not dissapoint my fans now had i? *Runs around with beachball on head and accidentally on purposely runs into a brick wall. ;)

Techsnap
January 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Free Forum, Free Service, Follow Rules, Don't Like It, Don't Use It.

There I summed it up.

Psumi
January 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Free Forum, Free Service, Follow Rules, Don't Like It, Don't Use It.

There I summed it up.

I'll make sure to get 1000+ beans for just bumping my threads then. ;)

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 04:08 PM
You missed out on the Code of Conduct sheety thing....

- Any sort of Joy or humour is strictly forbidden. Any attempt to make other people laugh (*particularly at the expense of the moderators/administration) will be met with extreme prejudice!)

howefield
January 26th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Any sort of Joy or humour is strictly forbidden. Any attempt to make other people laugh (*particularly at the expense of the moderators/administration) will be met with extreme prejudice!)

Your presents from the forum staff seem to have really gotten to you. Chill and go with the flow.

howefield tosses danwosere2007 some popcorn :popcorn:

Techsnap
January 26th, 2010, 04:11 PM
You missed out on the Code of Conduct sheety thing....

- Any sort of Joy or humour is strictly forbidden. Any attempt to make other people laugh (*particularly at the expense of the moderators/administration) will be met with extreme prejudice!)

Even if that was the case it's still not your forum, you're a guest on a free service. If I got banned from here for no reason, then so be it.

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Howe what are you talking about? And please stop stalking me on here its somewhat disconcerting. Cheers.

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Now i feel bad. Look man im not on here to start fights flame bait or anything, im just pratting about killing some time. Sorry if i caused you offense.

-Dan

pwnst*r
January 26th, 2010, 04:32 PM

If you don't like it, leave. Pretty simple. I have my fair share of infractions, some deserving and some because users need to be babied and have no spine, but other than that it's all good.

pwnst*r
January 26th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Now i feel bad. Look man im not on here to start fights flame bait or anything, im just pratting about killing some time. Sorry if i caused you offense.

-Dan

Sharon?

Excedio
January 26th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I'll make sure to get 1000+ beans for just bumping my threads then. ;)

It's very possible that if no one is replying to a problem you have, that no one knows the answer. Seeking help from another place may be in order.

danwosere2007
January 26th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I'm stuck on 33 man, have been for a while now, not really fussed its a cool number and all! =P.

Uncle Spellbinder
January 26th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I'm stuck on 33 man, have been for a while now, not really fussed its a cool number and all! =P.

Bean count (posts) do not increase in the Cafe, just in the help sections of the board.

Sef
January 26th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Closed due to complaints about this thread.