PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i wanna get.....

freefixkorma
January 26th, 2010, 03:29 PM
hi there guys .i need some advice i planning to buy a pc with flat screen my old desktop is going to my daughter can someone advice me what to buy cause i am really enjoy ubuntu 9.04 and i want to install in my new desktop ubuntu and the flat screen is supported will appreciate any guidance i wanna spend like 500-700 bucks on the desktop will appreciate any guidance and what to buy thanks
this is model that i will love to have but dont know if it is support it can someone confirm please

HP 18.5" All-In-One PC with AMD Athlon II 250u Dual-Core Processor, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD

Tamlynmac
January 26th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Might I suggest you investigate a system with Ubuntu pre-installed. Here's a couple that you might find interesting.

http://system76.com/index.php?osCsid=98432ed2fa8b5717ee401a54222ef65e

http://www.zareason.com/shop/home.php

Good Luck & hope this helps.

iamwhatiseem
February 19th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I just received the Breeze Pro from Zarreason.com
Nice, compact machine.
I stayed with the default "no optical drive" since you can buy a SATA DVD/RW cheaper than they will add it for you.
From the moment I opened the box to customizing it to my liking...was about 30 minutes.
I installed the restricted extrs..codecs for DVD movies..Kcopy..and oh - of course changed the God -Awful theme Ubuntu ships.

Done.

freefixkorma
February 19th, 2010, 02:52 AM
hey bro thanks for the reply is nice one for that price i like it very compact can you tell me if ubuntu support flat screen if yes can you point me one or brand thanks for your time

MCVenom
February 19th, 2010, 03:05 AM
hey bro thanks for the reply is nice one for that price i like it very compact can you tell me if ubuntu support flat screen if yes can you point me one or brand thanks for your time
I was under the impression that any monitor will work with Ubuntu, if its supported by the video card, and any modern video card (I.e.: nVidia, ATI cards) will work will almost any monitor you could think of :p

And of course, if you buy from System76 or ZAReason (I prefer ZAReason, myself) your hardware, and by inclusion, your video card will be fully compatible with Ubuntu. :p

MCVenom
February 19th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Also, both websites offer monitors as part of their desktop packages, but I would forgo them for some of HP or Vizio's monitors, they're pretty nice :D

iamwhatiseem
February 19th, 2010, 01:17 PM

I am running a widescreen flat now.
The one from zareason comes with a ridiculous number of port options.
Make sure and read through them on the different systems.
Mine has:
6 USB
1 S-video
1 - HDMI
1 - Coaxle
Then of course the standard SVGA and the HiDef monitor jack...crap what is that called...the connectors are usually white - anyhow - the ones most flatscreens use.