PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MAIL config help needed....

surojeetdey
January 26th, 2010, 12:57 PM
HI,

Can somebody guide how to configure mailbox in UBUNTU, I am a starter here and I want to use mail services just like MS OUTLOOK.

I have my mailbox address please suggest application name too.

Thanks

Dey

Tux+
January 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I would recommend Mozilla Thunderbird as it works for Linux, Windows and Mac so you can jump between them.

If you want to go for a more naitive client there's Evolution in Gnome and Kmail if you using Kubuntu.

venkatad
January 27th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I would recommend Mozilla Thunderbird as it works for Linux, Windows and Mac so you can jump between them.

If you want to go for a more naitive client there's Evolution in Gnome and Kmail if you using Kubuntu.
Haii...
How can i configure mozilla thunderbird to use MS EXCHANGE (either directly or thru OWA) Do you see any good tutorial online??pls help me, I started 2 hate evolution its slow,errors etc

Tux+
January 27th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Ah if you wanted to a mail client to use outlook exchange then only Evolution can do that as far as I know.

The other solution is to run a virtual machine with Windows on it but seems a bit over the top for just Email.

All the other clients I mentioned can only retrieve your email and possibly contacts but it will not do the calendar/invitations or other built in functions to Outlook.