PDA

View Full Version : [kde] cant change alt-tab behaviour

foggydude
January 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM
i googled my *** of but coluldnt find this one:

i recently managed to enable some KWIN effects, including new alt-tab behaviours. But somehow, whatever i choose (none, box switch or present windows), the only thing it does is bring up the next window (which is horrible, switching to the previous screen might need 10 times alt-tab).enabling/disabling compositing does nit change this.

i searched all settings, but cant chenge this alt-tab behaviour. please help as it it is one of the most vital functions of a window manager...

karmic 9.10/poulsbo card/xrender compositing

SuperSonic4
January 26th, 2010, 12:57 PM
FYI alt + Shift + Tab cycles through in the reverse direction :KS

I assume System Settings --> Window Behaviour is as normal (see screenie for mine)

In System Settings --> Desktop effects --> All effects do you have the effect you want ticked?

For me I have cover switch ticked and it works

foggydude
January 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM
hey super sonic,

thanks for the reply,

*i dont have that dialogue... window behaviour only has two tabs: window behaviour and specific. is this tab new in 4.4 or can i get it also for 4.3?

*i did tick the boxes in advance, but it doesnt do anything. if i tick cover or flip, i get the notification that it cant be enabled, but i dont get an error for the others. it seems like the settings in this dialogue are ignored or overridden somewhere.

the stupid thing is: it used to work, but i dont know when it seized to... I dont really dare to sitch to OpenGL rendering to test, cause that killed my system before...

any ideas?

foggydude
February 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM
i just upgraded to 4.4 and now i have this dialogue... but its options are greyed with on top the message:

(i)"Focus policy settings limit the functionality of navigating through windows"
i fiddled a bith wirt them, but in vain. till i went back to system settings (closing the window behaviour app) and open it again. no i could choose and i have a box switch.

still i think i go to GNOME: i got compiz running and that is much faster then Kwin (preent windows, ring sitch, all easy), nor do i have problems with keyrings for evolution etc. ill just miss kicker....