PDA

View Full Version : Familiar with PCBSD Forum?

paydaydaddy
January 26th, 2010, 04:16 AM
I am looking for somebody familiar with the pcbsd forum. I decided to install pcbsd on an extra pc I had. Things went fairly well, but being a noob with the os I do have a few questions. I registered for the forum and got a message that I was sent a confirmation email that will then require some response for registration to complete. Problem is I never got the email. I have requested a new activation email be sent several times and get a message saying the email has been sent. So far no dice. Have changed filtering settings so that anything from anybody could get through. By trying to log in I get the following message:

The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.

Seems simple enough, problem is I have scoured the website and have not found a way to contact a board administrator. Anybody here familiar with the pcbsd forum that can offer some advice?

DeadSuperHero
January 26th, 2010, 04:32 AM
To be fair, their forum isn't terribly active. You're not missing out on a whole lot.

They update their mailing lists and software packages on pbidir.org more than they update their forum.