PDA

View Full Version : this scares me

sandyd
January 26th, 2010, 01:54 AM
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/branchburg_police_arrests_virg.html

whiskeylover
January 26th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Haha... I like how the comments on that page quickly turn from "Awesome job by the law enforcement" to "ITS OBAMAZ FAULT!!ONE"

spiderbatdad
January 26th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Meh. It hardly matters considering this:
http://rss.msnbc.msn.com/id/32659970/ns/technology_and_science-space/

audiomick
January 26th, 2010, 02:30 AM
What unsettles me is the insinuation in the article and the assumption in a number of the replies that the (obviously unbalanced) man is a muslim and therefore a terrorist.

Wandering Ronin
January 26th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Andromeda? That's three billion years into the future. I think it's o.k. to be a little concerned about the here and now, about living out our lives in peace.

Carlee, if you are really concerned for your safety and for your loved ones, enroll in some self defense classes--krav maga and wing chun kung fu are great--and get yourself a pepper spray and keep it with you, on your keychain or something. If you have loved ones you are worried about, get them involved with a proactive approach to protection.

This was one man alone. He was stopped with pepper spray. It's a little known fact that if you are closer than the end of the barrel of a rifle or shotgun, it's relatively easy to take control of that weapon. Be the tiger; turn the situation around. You are more powerful than you think you are.

Lastly, you could do what I did. I moved to a city with a large Muslim population, and I learned about them. It made me less afraid, because I know the average Muslim is not out to kill me. In your case, I think you won't have to move. L.A. is very international.

The second largest population of Somalis in the U.S. lives here in Columbus. We've produced a couple of terrorists, one confirmed and one believed to be, and still I'm not concerned too much: I've noticed they do not tend to blow up their own backyards, and the neighborhood I live in has a high percentage of Africans. (lol...)

Wandering Ronin
January 26th, 2010, 02:42 AM
What unsettles me is the insinuation in the article and the assumption in a number of the replies that the (obviously unbalanced) man is a muslim and therefore a terrorist.
Correct!! The average Muslim wants to simply live his life in peace.

And I do think this man was in need of psychological help, in a very serious way.

BigCityCat
January 26th, 2010, 02:49 AM

Yeh that is the sort of political correctness that led to the death of 13 soldiers at Fort Hood. I have more of a problem with allowing political correctness to stop people from calling it how it is. Plus the article said he had a traditional muslim head dress in his hotel room.

audiomick
January 26th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Plus the article said he had a traditional muslim head dress in his hotel room.

So did about half of the student population when I was at Uni.

overdrank
January 26th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Closed for review. Thread closed.