PDA

View Full Version : The Computer Junk

FoxLogic
March 3rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
This topic is for posting pictures of your left over computer junk piles/collections.

KiwiNZ
March 3rd, 2006, 09:59 AM
Ummm Why?

briancurtin
March 3rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
great idea for a thread.

fuscia
March 3rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
great idea for a thread.

gives me an idea what to do with all those old salami sandwiches in my desk drawer.

Titus A Duxass
March 3rd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Hey some of that stuff looks good!
Is that a new boot loader for marine applications?

FoxLogic
March 3rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
Ummm Why?

I thought it would be a bit interesting what people collect from their old computers or what not.

dolny
March 3rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
Geeks are weird.

FoxLogic
March 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Geeks are weird.

Bite me. =)

simon_is_learning
March 3rd, 2006, 06:36 PM
My computer teacher gave me and my friend an old server computer.
it had 16mb Ram and like 10 scsi places...

thanks...

we will try to boot it up with a linux-floppy. Havn't had the time yet...

If nothing else... It would maybe be worth taking a picture of and upload to this thread.. =)

PatrickMay16
March 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Hey, Foxlogic! In this picture, I notice part of a Gateway tower case. http://www.ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6635&d=1141374387

I believe I have the exact same case floating around my house somewhere.

Ummm Why?
Well KiwiNZ, Umm Why would people want to post screenshot of their desktops? Seems odd, yet people still do it.

Kernel Sanders
March 3rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
@ FoxLogic

Out of all the random and pointless threads that you've started, this is probably the best one.....out of a very very bad bunch..... :cry:

And no thats not a compliment.......

My suggestion?

Before you click "new thread" try and think of a topic that you believe actually merits discussion, and will include as many users in that discussion as possible.

If like me, you enjoy, and find it enlightening, to see everyone's idea's and opinions developing around a central topic, you'll find that you'll get more out of a thread if you try to include as many users as possible, rather than lots of little threads that will most likely die after 3/4 replies.

-John

FoxLogic
March 3rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
Hey, Foxlogic! In this picture, I notice part of a Gateway tower case. http://www.ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6635&d=1141374387

I believe I have the exact same case floating around my house somewhere.

I have about 4 of them and the front cover you see there is a spare part.
Look at the last picture on the hang out shelf in that picture. There is case there that it belong to. Although the case Is just the metal frame now. Some of the metal has been cut out for a customized design we were doing, but yet we never finished it.