PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do i burn download to disk?

theopneustos
January 25th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I am a novice asking help.
I am using XP and want to try out Ubuntu CE. I downloaded the file with the name ubuntu-9.10-christian_edition_v6.0-i386.iso It is 770mb. I want to burn it to a DVD to install to my PC, but (using Nero) it does not want to write to a DVD, but asks for a CD everytime. CD is too small!
My Questions is the following:
1. Can i just burn the iso file as a data file on the dvd? Will it work?
2. Will it be better to use another program? Is there another free program to download?

Thanks for enduring me...

darkod
January 25th, 2010, 03:57 PM
As long as you have dvd writer and not only cd writer, Nero should be OK with that.

But this task is much easier in the free ImgBurn (google will find it for you). You open the program, select Burn Image to Disc, and that's it. It doesn't care whether you are burning on cd or dvd as long as the image can fit on the disc. There is no separate selection to make CD or DVD like in Nero.

PS. You can use that program to butn files and folders too, so in fact you don't need Nero unless you are using it for something else too. But this time you need the option Burn Image.

theopneustos
January 25th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Thank you very much, Darko
I downloaded and installed imgburn. It works and the job is done! Keep up the good advise!