PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Games

sharks
January 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hello Pokemon Fans. Does anyone play Pokemon Games here? Or Did? Which series did you like the most? Share your thoughts :D

P.S. I am currently administering a pokemon game which is being run by us.Link has been on my sig for too long. :D

Regards,
Sharks

sharks
January 25th, 2010, 01:56 AM
*Bump*

HoboElectus
January 25th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Administrating a Pokemon game?

Dayofswords
January 25th, 2010, 02:01 AM
i like all of the main handheld series
(eg. blue, silver, shappire, diamond)

and yeah

Administrating a Pokemon game?
what does he mean by that

sharks
January 25th, 2010, 03:27 AM
My friend is the owner. I manage the game for him with little of the coding part. :)

http://pokemonbattlearena.net/

chriswyatt
January 25th, 2010, 03:28 AM
I had Yellow. I wanted to get Blue when Pokemon first came it but my Mum wouldn't get it for me because she said 'it wouldn't catch on', how wrong was she :)

magmon
January 25th, 2010, 04:00 AM
I like the emerald story best, but lucario is my favorite pokemon, so... Platinum?

juancarlospaco
January 25th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Pokemon SysAdmin...

LeifAndersen
January 25th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Pokemon SysAdmin...

chown www-pokemon /

samh785
January 25th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Hello Pokemon Fans. Does anyone play Pokemon Games here? Or Did? Which series did you like the most? Share your thoughts :D

P.S. I am currently administering a pokemon game which is being run by us.Link has been on my sig for too long. :D

Regards,
Sharks
All of the hand held pokemon games were amazing (I grew up on them) but gold/silver version stands out in my mind as the favorite.

Simon17
January 25th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I had Yellow. I wanted to get Blue when Pokemon first came it but my Mum wouldn't get it for me because she said 'it wouldn't catch on', how wrong was she :)

Blue sucked anyway. Red was blatantly better.

samh785
January 25th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Are you being sarcastic? They're almost exactly alike... :P

AllRadioisDead
January 25th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I'm 17 and I still play them.
Gold and Silver got me started, they were awesome in their time, I've played the remakes (HG/SS) on my DS in Japanese, and they're well done.
My favourite story line is emerald, a great improvement on ruby/sapphire which I wasn't really a fan of.

LeifAndersen
January 25th, 2010, 06:32 AM

What exactly is the difference between the two? I mean, one had a blue cover, and the other had a red one...but really, I don't remember any difference really.

Simon17
January 25th, 2010, 06:39 AM
What exactly is the difference between the two? I mean, one had a blue cover, and the other had a red one...but really, I don't remember any difference really.

Other differences: One sucked *** and one was awesome.

AllRadioisDead
January 25th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Other differences: One sucked *** and one was awesome.
You're right, blue was awesome. ;)

HangukMiguk
January 25th, 2010, 09:28 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gameplay_of_Pok%C3%A9mon#Pok.C3.A9mon_trades

Trading is an important aspect to the Pokémon games, being the crux upon which much of the franchise is based. This is because the slogan, and consequently the goal, “Gotta Catch ‘Em All,” is logistically impossible without trading. Each game released in a generation has certain Pokémon that are exclusive to that version. For example, in Pokémon Red players can catch the Pokémon Arbok, while it is absent in the wild in both Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow.

Nevon
January 25th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I had all the main pokémon handheld games, plus a few others, like Pokémon Stadium. I think either Yellow or Gold was my favorite.

blueshiftoverwatch
January 25th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I mainly played Yellow and later on, Silver. Those were amazing games. I don't know how many hours I played Yellow because my in game clock stopped after 99 hours and 99 minutes.

sharks
January 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Any opinion on Pokemon Battle Arena? :D

Tristam Green
January 25th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I played Red, Yellow, Crystal, Gold, Diamond, and Platinum. I will be getting SoulSilver when it drops (should pre-order to get the Ho-Oh figure).

Looking forward to using the pedometer to train my 'mons.

koshatnik
January 25th, 2010, 03:30 PM
How do you get pikachu onto a bus?
pokemon

ba-boom-ching.

sharks
January 26th, 2010, 02:29 AM
lol. :)

I have always loved Pokemon and will continue to do so. :D

gletob
January 26th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Don't get me wrong, I loved the good ol' gamboy color pokemon games. But my favorite was definitely Fire Red and Leaf Green.

BTW playing Pokemon on my ipod touch right now.

narutarded
January 26th, 2010, 03:45 AM
yeah i still have yellow for the old game boy some where. if only i knew where it was :)

user1397
January 26th, 2010, 04:39 AM
i remember playing the original blue, red and yellow pokemon games which i had for gameboy pocket.

that was like the third grade, by the fourth grade i was bored of it.

Genius314
January 26th, 2010, 05:28 AM
The original six (R/B/Y and G/S/C) were the best. The new ones are good, but don't have the same feeling as the old ones. The series' music sounds better in chiptune, and the new Pokemon are designed in a completely different style than the original 200-something.
My favorite of the series was Red, but I lost the cartridge, so now I have to play Yellow (well, I only play it like once a year, but whatever)

blueshiftoverwatch
January 26th, 2010, 05:49 AM
The original six (R/B/Y and G/S/C) were the best. The new ones are good, but don't have the same feeling as the old ones.
That probably has more to do with the fact that you've played all of the old games. So the new ones by comparison don't really bring anything new of groundbreaking to the table. So you already know what to expect.

phillychease
January 26th, 2010, 08:23 AM
i love pokemon! :)
i also agree that the 1st six were the best!

AllRadioisDead
January 26th, 2010, 08:32 AM
i love pokemon! :)
i also agree that the 1st six were the best!
The first six were good for their time. To be honest, I think emerald had the best storyline of any of them, in fact I'm itching to go start a new file. Diamond/Pearl were a very good in terms of gameplay and detail, but I found them to be a little lacking in the storyline department.

sharks
January 26th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I have loved all the games so far. Though the online browser PBA can be improved, we will :D

sharks
January 30th, 2010, 02:47 AM
*bump*