PDA

View Full Version : Australian government pushing ahead with National internet Censorship!

handy
January 24th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Only a tiny percentage of organisations involved in the protection of children, are actually for this new imposition on the citizens of Oz' freedom of speech.

It is opposed by nearly all of them, plus the ISPs, & any other thinking person; all say, that this is NOT how to solve the problem & that it will be very easy to sidestep, it is a waste of money.

I think that the true reasons for the imposition of this control on our internet freedom is that it is just a part in the ongoing corporate takeover of the internet by the mega-corps; Rupert Murdoch, Sony, Intel, AT&T, & so on.

The talk of paedophiles & such was just used as the easiest way to try & sell this incredibly expensive system to the population (& it failed). Now we have a small group of people deciding what is & is not good for us to do on the internet!

Whatever happened to the governments actually representing the people who elected them?

http://nocleanfeed.com/

AllRadioisDead
January 24th, 2010, 07:34 AM
And so it begins.

cascade9
January 24th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I think that the true reasons for the imposition of this control on our internet freedom is that it is just a part in the ongoing corporate takeover of the internet by the mega-corps; Rupert Murdoch, Sony, Intel, AT&T, & so on.

I agree with everything else you posted....and I semi-agree with this.

But I dont think its so much about the corps as the government (s). So much power, they can block _anything_ they want, and even knowing what is blocked is an offence!

Its not like australia is the only place talking about internet filtering now. I'm predicting that there will be no major voted backlash (because australians in general have become a lot more 'its all about me and I dont care if it affects you'). When it appears to 'work', you watch other governments line up to pull the same BS on the populations they control......

BETATEST
January 24th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Ongoing corporate takeover of the internet by the mega-corps; Rupert Murdoch, Sony, Intel, AT&T, & so on?

That battle's already over. Done. They won, we as the huddled masses lost.

Governments have been censoring stuff for years. Internet's just another communication media. Whenever a Chinese site starts offering free downloads of MP3s or pirated movies - the first thing RIAA and MPAA do (since they can't physically go to China to arrest those responsible) is have the major Internet backbone providers simply drop those IP ranges so no one can get to them. And in China, their backbone providers block any IPs to anti-government sites.

handy
January 24th, 2010, 10:02 AM
The battle is only over, for those that think it is.

The Toxic Mite
January 24th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Ah, the Australian Govt. can get to <CENSORED> if they start implementing the methods similar to the Great Firewall of China.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Is Australia becoming the new People's Republoic of China? Oz are only missing one thing: a communist government.

KiwiNZ
January 24th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I appreciate the concerns this subject raises .However having regard to the subset of rules for this Forum ..."Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed" and to apply consistency I am closing this thread.