PDA

View Full Version : Free your mind. ;)

danwosere2007
January 24th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Possible invasion tactics of another species upon planet Earth:-

All out attack:-
Would require vast resources in order to mount such an attack, possible casualties could be high. Morally it is harsh and assuming there are forces in the universe that wish to protect life, the invading force would therefore face much more resistance/repurcussions. As the actions of the invading force are in the light so to speak.
Conclusion = High energy cost – Direct Route.

Subversion:–
Infiltrate Earth with various “agents”, get them assigned to positions of power and set the planet on a “self-destruct” course.(Possibly over a fairly long period of time). Instill corrupt systems such as capitalism the “free”-market, e.t.c, thus creating anarchy, chaos, and instability on Earth and ultimately rendering it far easier to invade. Supplement this with a healthy dose of suggestive mind-control, in order to subdue the population and effectively putting them to sleep, and you have a formidable invasion strategy.
Utilize methods of propaganda in order to evoke uncomfortable/fearful subliminal/sub conscious thought patterns in the general populace. This could be achieved through various methods of influence, ranging from television and film industries, the music industry, written work and even the press.
Create a “collective conscience” so as to back up your methods, by utilizing simple social conditioning tactics (or as I like to call it “sheep syndrome”) (I.e if enough people say its right then it becomes so). Anyone discovered thinking about this or questioning it, is subject to pre determined ridicule, and thus alienated from society.
Conclusion = Low energy Cost – Indirect/Subtle Route.

Strategically this tactic is fairly sound as it is a subtle operation, that will not be easily determinable. It also has the added benefit of operating with plausible deniability. (For every course of action there is a possible underlaying ulterior motive). Such plausible deniability has sadly been used in the world for a long time. Look for example at the current situation with the middle east to name but one such occurrence. Are we really routing the terrorists? Or simply accumulating valuable resources? (oil). If some of us say “it's probably about the oil, and not routing the terrorists” then look at how quickly the rest say “yeah conspiracy right....little green men beady beady beady”.
Granted linking such real-life occurences (War on terror/oil) with my ideas for my book (alien invasions) is asking for trouble, but substitute the aliens for wordly forces if you wish, and you should still unfortunately find the general theory sound.

In conclusion many of the symptoms of an infiltration by an exterior force within our worlds society are already exhibiting themselves. Though not actually “visible” (due to plausible deniability) logically they can be determined by analysing a set sequence of circumstances and deducing a percent chance of it resulting in the aforementioned scenario. Of course such things are merely speculation, but when you analyse such things, it would seem patterns and trends start to form.
Be mindful of such possibilities, not paranoid, but mindful.

- Obi Dan Kinobi =P

k64
January 24th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Subversion:–
Infiltrate Earth with various “agents”, get them assigned to positions of power and set the planet on a “self-destruct” course.(Possibly over a fairly long period of time). Instill corrupt systems such as capitalism the “free”-market, e.t.c, thus creating anarchy, chaos, and instability on Earth and ultimately rendering it far easier to invade. Supplement this with a healthy dose of suggestive mind-control, in order to subdue the population and effectively putting them to sleep, and you have a formidable invasion strategy.
Utilize methods of propaganda in order to evoke uncomfortable/fearful subliminal/sub conscious thought patterns in the general populace. This could be achieved through various methods of influence, ranging from television and film industries, the music industry, written work and even the press.
Create a “collective conscience” so as to back up your methods, by utilizing simple social conditioning tactics (or as I like to call it “sheep syndrome”) (I.e if enough people say its right then it becomes so). Anyone discovered thinking about this or questioning it, is subject to pre determined ridicule, and thus alienated from society.
Conclusion = Low energy Cost – Indirect/Subtle Route.
Good one.

danwosere2007
January 24th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Haha perhaps i should of edited that to..."instill corrupt systems like that of windows XP,Vista e.t.c ;)

jflaker
January 24th, 2010, 05:15 AM
So true......If you conform you can go far, but if you talk of things like Area 51, you are a nutcase.

Plausible deniability web on many levels is untangling. You can only lie or withhold the facts for so long until the pieces of inadvertent information start to fall into place to form a picture.

Frak
January 24th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Haha perhaps i should of edited that to..."instill corrupt systems like that of windows XP,Vista e.t.c ;)
Haha, that'd be really, really funny. You should totally do that.

Sharmani
January 24th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Really very NICE one....

pwnst*r
January 24th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Haha, that'd be really, really funny. You should totally do that.

^Agreed.

bigfootffk
January 24th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Why invade, just seed the planet with nano machines and turn anyone with an IQ over 40 into an x-factor viewer.

Note: This may be happing right now?

aktiwers
January 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Why invade, just seed the planet with nano machines and turn anyone with an IQ over 40 into an x-factor viewer.

Note: This may be happing right now?

Haha in Denmark thats true!
Streets are empty when that shows goes on air.

Name change
January 24th, 2010, 05:09 PM
What is this, I don't even...

audiomick
January 24th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Hi.
A recurring theme in Science Fiction literature, and always good.
Well done.

danwosere2007
January 24th, 2010, 09:47 PM
"To fight the enemy, one must first draw them out into the open from the cover they are hiding behind." - Dan ;)

Frak
January 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
"To fight the enemy, one must first draw them out into the open from the cover they are hiding behind." - Sun Tzu ;)

Right.

danwosere2007
January 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
My apologies if i have quoted someone else inadvertedly. It was not my intent to steal anothers thunder, i have never heard that quote before but it was instead a conclusion i personally reached and thus forth the reason that i gave myself credit ;) But then this exact sentence has probably been written before somewhere or other, so perhaps i am wrong to address such things with my name? ;) "To draw out the maggots one must first prepare some mighty enticing maggot bait" - Dan ;)

Frak
January 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM
My apologies if i have quoted someone else inadvertedly. It was not my intent to steal anothers thunder, i have never heard that quote before but it was instead a conclusion i personally reached and thus forth the reason that i gave myself credit ;) But then this exact sentence has probably been written before somewhere or other, so perhaps i am wrong to address such things with my name? ;) "To draw out the maggots one must first prepare some mighty enticing maggot bait" - Dan ;)
If you say anything about War, and it's correct and very wise, Sun Tzu probably said it first. Other than that, it doesn't matter.

Shpongle
January 24th, 2010, 10:40 PM
I free it more & more everyday!

oldos2er
January 24th, 2010, 10:51 PM
So this thread is not about Funkadelic?