PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Quick Compiz Fusion question on 3D windows...

User0123
January 24th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Something I've always wondered:

When I have multiple windows open across all four desktops, the stacking of the windows is done as if all the windows were on the same desktop.

Is there any way to change it so that the stacking is done on a per desktop basis?
as you can see in the image: http://i50.tinypic.com/fwul8j.png

The window on the left, is hovering way above the desktop, because its "higher" than the other images on other desktops, It would be nice to be able to have windows stack from the desktop, on each desktop.

I hope I made this clear, It's kinda difficult to explain.

User0123
January 24th, 2010, 03:34 AM
I presuming this happens with everyone, its not just displaying this way for me?

d3v1150m471c
January 24th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Can you post a screenshot of what you're talking about?

User0123
January 24th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Can you post a screenshot of what you're talking about?

I did, re-read my first post, its linked to rather than embedded, The image would have been to big to attach, and I didn't want to stretch the board.

User0123
January 24th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Bump

User0123
January 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM
*tries again*

User0123
January 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Bumpeh

User0123
February 5th, 2010, 01:35 AM
No one ever figure this?

howefield
February 5th, 2010, 02:02 AM
You said it yourself, it's obviously difficult to explain and unclear as to what you want as an end result.

I'm not sure if you want your desktop to match the effect in the linked picture, or if this is how your current effect looks like.

thatguruguy
February 5th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Something I've always wondered:

When I have multiple windows open across all four desktops, the stacking of the windows is done as if all the windows were on the same desktop.

Is there any way to change it so that the stacking is done on a per desktop basis?
as you can see in the image: http://i50.tinypic.com/fwul8j.png

The window on the left, is hovering way above the desktop, because its "higher" than the other images on other desktops, It would be nice to be able to have windows stack from the desktop, on each desktop.

I hope I made this clear, It's kinda difficult to explain.

All you have to do is have "3D Windows" checked in the "Effects" section of ccsm.