PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Apple Trailers HD

joplass
January 24th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Is there a way to play HD Apple trailers? I am able to play regular trailers but not the ones in HD.

qyot27
January 24th, 2010, 01:36 AM
When you say you can't play them, do you mean they stutter and hang (which would be your hardware not being powerful enough), or do they refuse to load?

I don't know if Apple did something screwy like selectively changing around the client permissions for the 720p and 1080p trailers, but you should be able to use them if you install the Header Control extension, configure it for movies.apple.com and then Firefox should be able to either watch or download them without any hindrances.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1286338

joplass
January 24th, 2010, 02:08 AM
When you say you can't play them, do you mean they stutter and hang (which would be your hardware not being powerful enough), or do they refuse to load?

I don't know if Apple did something screwy like selectively changing around the client permissions for the 720p and 1080p trailers, but you should be able to use them if you install the Header Control extension, configure it for movies.apple.com and then Firefox should be able to either watch or download them without any hindrances.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1286338

Before they had a listing of videos standards and HDs but now they have a drop menu. If I click on a standard video it plays right away but if I pick an HD video nothing happens. In the past gnome-player (totem) used to open that HD file and standards used to play right in firefox.
I will try that link.
Thanks

joplass
January 24th, 2010, 02:44 AM
wow there are about three options in that thread which actually works is beyond me. :confused:

joplass
January 24th, 2010, 03:06 AM
Hey even easier now. I copied and pasted the url in firefox and up I am running. The trouble is that mid-way into playback, the audio starts to stutter.

Ha! found a work-around that as well. Let the video finish play with or without sound, right-click and save then play the saved file.