PDA

View Full Version : [HUMOR] Linux is not compatible with the interwebs

llawwehttam
January 23rd, 2010, 06:07 PM
I was very shocked when I started to use Ubuntu Linux how little of the internet was compatible with Ubuntu or Linux in general. My favorite site to scan for viruses did not adapt to the ubuntu theme. Instead it still had the default windows XP blue theme and Informed me that the hard drive C: had 7 viruses and 6 Trojan horses even though I have been told that Linux cannot get viruses!

Also I am quite disappointed that Ubuntu Linux does not tell you when the computer crashes. When I used windows every 5 minutes it would give me a nice bluescreen to tell me that there was a problem. Ubuntu does not do that ( I presume that it hides crashes) instead it simply does not show up and carries on running.

Today I went to a site to get a free antivirus. The site looked very legit and told me that it would provide me with a free antivirus. It ran an automatic scan and detected viruses ( the windows theme was still there) but when I paid £50 and downloaded the nice antivirus I could not install it.

When I plugged in a USB stick it worked automatically. In windows it would wait for a while and install drivers then ask me to restart, Ubuntu did not do this and I am very worried that it will damage my USB is it does not look for a driver.

Because of all these problems , incompatibilities and viruses I am going back to my nice stable windows operating system windows vista.

( PS if you do not understand sarcasm or similar types of humor then ignore this post)

Disclaimer : this post is supposed to be humorous and is NOT to be taken seriously in any way shape or form except the fact that linux is not compatible with all the nice viruses on the internet.

HoboElectus
January 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
*Tumbleweed parade*

rapidog
January 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
llawwehttam (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=930300) Microsoft employee of the year 2009.

Kevinlittleton
January 23rd, 2010, 06:46 PM
It was funny until the PS and disclaimer.

Simon17
January 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Cool story.

XubuRoxMySox
January 23rd, 2010, 07:11 PM
It was funny until the PS and disclaimer.

That's what it takes, I'm afraid, for humor and satire to be taken in the right spirit.

In another post I used and to indicate satire, but it wasn't enough, and my satire was taken seriously (Personas!).

The OP was very wise to have a full disclaimer to spell it out for readers.

-Robin

llawwehttam
January 23rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
That's what it takes, I'm afraid, for humor and satire to be taken in the right spirit.

In another post I used and to indicate satire, but it wasn't enough, and my satire was taken seriously (Personas!).

The OP was very wise to have a full disclaimer to spell it out for readers.

-Robin

Thanks for the support. The only reason I did that disclaimer and PS was because I have had people take my sarcasm seriously in the past so better safe than sorry.

koleoptero
January 23rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/3374/original/Cool_story_bro_.jpg

schauerlich
January 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
I understand sarcasm (see my signature). This just wasn't funny.

Hetor
January 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Stopped reading after first linebreak. Bad story, bro.