PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Program to create animations via cutt & paste?

Camilia
January 23rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hi
I am creating a presentation on a planted aquarium. I want to make a plant, lily, appear to be growing with the background of a planted aquarium by pasting 3 pictures of the lily and merging them.

All I have been able to do is to get a picture to appear and disappear. Was told that I need to create in a program and then put it in the presentation.

Any suggestions?

LuridCinema
January 23rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
Synfig can do that quite readily You can use either images you created or create them in Synfig. It is in the Ubuntu add software thingie ( repositories ). there is a learning curve, however there are Youtube tutorials.... Good luck !

Camilia
January 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
I love learning thus sounds like it would be fun. There are 8 programs for Synfig. Which ones do you use?

I downloaded all of the programs. It attempts to open. I see a shield and then it disappears. Must need another program or command. What can I do?

LuridCinema
January 23rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.synfig.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=972 << Try that if you are using 9.10 Ubuntu .. there are instructions on the synfig forum site . That will install synfig studio and all needed dependencies . i had the problem when I first installed Synfig where upon starting, the splash shield came up and then it died :(

Camilia
January 24th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I have ubuntu 9.04 on my computer at present. The forum for synfig is closed. I decided to put it on side of computer with windows os. I only need it for 1 powerpoint anyways.

LuridCinema
January 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Have you tried it from the Add software on the Applications panel... the synfig forum is down for maintenance

Camilia
January 24th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Have you tried it from the Add software on the Applications panel... the synfig forum is down for maintenance

That was the 1st thing I did.