PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] need help, i'm new with linux...

Tigrius
January 23rd, 2010, 05:40 PM
why i can't finish instalation? it shows this message...

In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:217,
from ../gnulib-lib/fcntl.h:27,
from write-catalog.c:25:
In function 'open',
inlined from 'msgdomain_list_print' at write-catalog.c:223:
/usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h:51: error: call to '__open_missing_mode' declared with attribute error: open with O_CREAT in second argument needs 3 arguments
make[3]: *** [write-catalog.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tigrius/Desktop/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tigrius/Desktop/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tigrius/Desktop/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

mionescu
January 23rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Instalation of what? The OS (which version?), a specific program? Can you describe the steps you did?

Tigrius
January 23rd, 2010, 05:55 PM
im using ubuntu 9.10 tried to install gettext for glib i made ./configure and then sudo make install

NIT006.5
January 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
What are you trying to install and how are you trying to do it?

NIT006.5
January 23rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Is there a specific reason you're compiling from source? Packages should be available in the repositories.

sudo apt-get install gettext

Tigrius
January 23rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
at all i need to install usb_modeswitch or something else because i have huawei usb modem and ubuntu shows it like cd drive, so i dont know what to do... and i have wista and ubuntu in same pc and i want to get rid of wista but first i have to get internet connection at ubuntu.

mionescu
January 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
Why don't you install the gettext package using Synaptic (or the software center)?

Tigrius
January 23rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
because i dont have internet connection on ubuntu.

nothingspecial
January 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
Here it is (http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/gettext)

Download it in wista and copy it across. Then click on it.

Check in synaptic that you have all the other packages with red dots infront of them and if you don`t get them too and so on.

NIT006.5
January 23rd, 2010, 06:22 PM
because i dont have internet connection on ubuntu.

Valid point! Excuse my stupidity. Sorry, I can't help with those errors, but you could try downloaded the deb packages (along with any dependencies) from Windows, and then using:

sudo dpkg -i

to install them on Ubuntu. You're less likely to get errors that way I think, if you're using the official supported packages. I don't have any other ideas at this point.

Tigrius
January 23rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
all packages were installed before.

Tigrius
January 23rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Valid point! Excuse my stupidity. Sorry, I can't help with those errors, but you could try downloaded the deb packages (along with any dependencies) from Windows, and then using:

sudo dpkg -ito install them on Ubuntu. You're less likely to get errors that way I think, if you're using the official supported packages. I don't have any other ideas at this point.

Yes i'm using official packages.

Tigrius
January 23rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
solved :) connected via LAN and updated all ubuntu :) now everything works fine thx everyone for helping.

Regards Tigrius