PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Lemhead
January 23rd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to say hello. Just got my laptop up and running with Ubuntu 9.10. It took about an hour from start to finish which includes time taken to swap the old busted HDD with a new one.

If I knew how easy it would be to get my old laptop up and running (Vista machine with a duff HDD) I would have done this a long time ago.

I don't count myself as an IT person, and I had no trouble getting everything working.

So thanks to everyone who has worked on 9.10 and I hope I can help out some others in the future.

So hi everyone and heres to Ubuntu!:popcorn:

k64
January 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Personally, if hardware support is your preference, Karmic is the best way to go without getting an alpha release. Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" supports more hardware than any of its predecessors. I actually (uesd to, before upgrading to Lucid Alpha) use it on BOTH of my computers. Yes, it worked perfectly, with very few crashes.

If you want more luck with hardware, use Karmic. If you want stability, use Hardy (8.04 LTS). If you want to see the next LTS release, use Lucid (10.04 LTS Alpha 2).

Sharmani
January 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I too got a new Laptop, let me also try as suggested by you.

Thanks