PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Maximized Windows

shuu
January 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Not entirely sure if this is the right place, but nevertheless - I've been playing around with my UNR desktop (got rid of the menu-thing by taking netbook-launcher away from the start-up apps. Though I can't use the desktop for anything, can't put files on it or do anything useful with it, except that I now can actually see the desktop background.

Anyway, the problem is this: I've got an upper and a lower panel, each 26px. Before, when I maximized a window, it would make the title of the window appear on the upper panel, with an X in the right corner so I could close it. This title does no longer appear when I maximize, it simply goes away (it's visible in windowed mode, ie unmaximized).. is there some panel-element I need to add for it to show up? It's rather annoying having to right-click the element in the window list in order to close.

e-Gee
January 23rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
You have to install (via synaptic) ubuntu-desktop , and remove maximus then you will have normall ubuntu desktop

shuu
January 23rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
Great, thanks. The windows are working fine now. Though I still can't have short-cuts on the desktop (basically Desktop is just a folder, if I put something in it, it won't show up on the desktop).

e-Gee
January 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Remove ubuntu-netbook-remix package if you didn't and restart computer

shuu
January 23rd, 2010, 02:12 PM
I have removed the ubuntu-netbook-remix, but there's one called ubuntu-netbook-remix-default-settings, should I remove that as well?

e-Gee
January 23rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yes, remove that and restart

shuu
January 23rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Looks to be working, but I lost the "System Tray" (Windows term.. where the battery level is shown, and running apps with a tray icon) as well as the clock and the log off/shut down thing with my username on it. :o

e-Gee
January 23rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Right click on panel and go to add to panell and add system tray and other things you miss

shuu
January 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I just can't find System Tray nor the username thing. (I can log out and shut down from the main menu, but I used to have this on/off icon + my username where I could click to set Status, log out, shut down etc.. what's it called?)

Edit: Found the username-thing, now i just need the System Tray.

d3v1150m471c
January 23rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
notification area is the application for that, I believe.

shuu
January 23rd, 2010, 02:28 PM
It doesn't show the battery, but sound and connection is present.. there's no settings there either.. hmm.

Edit: It had just reset the settings in power management, it's back to normal now, thanks to you both!

e-Gee
January 23rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
I am not sure wich name they have in english because my Ubuntu is in Croatian but sys tray have icon with blue "i" and panel behind but try them all and you will find right ones