PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Keyboard switching interferes with windows cycling

uj2
January 23rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hello! I have selected Alt+Shift as a keyboard switching shortcut through Keyboard Preferences => Layouts => Keyboard Layouts Options => Keys to change layout => Alt+Shift. And now I can not cycle windows backward with Alt+Shift+Tab. Instead, Alt+Shift+Tab acts as a plain Alt+Tab, switching windows forward. And so it does too if I press Alt+Tab first, and then add Shift. Turning Alt+Shift off seems to fix this problem and Alt+Shift+Tab work as expected. But I used to Alt+Shift and changing it is a pain. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

user1397
January 23rd, 2010, 11:19 AM
Hello! I have selected Alt+Shift as a keyboard switching shortcut through Keyboard Preferences => Layouts => Keyboard Layouts Options => Keys to change layout => Alt+Shift. And now I can not cycle windows backward with Alt+Shift+Tab. Instead, Alt+Shift+Tab acts as a plain Alt+Tab, switching windows forward. And so it does too if I press Alt+Tab first, and then add Shift. Turning Alt+Shift off seems to fix this problem and Alt+Shift+Tab work as expected. But I used to Alt+Shift and changing it is a pain. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.after making changes to the settings, try logging out/back in and then see if it works.

uj2
January 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
ubuntuman001, no effect.