PDA

View Full Version : Tried out a friends iPhone and found it wasn't very intuitive and has quite the lag

HappinessNow
January 23rd, 2010, 04:38 AM
Severely disappointed in all the hype about the iPhone, I found it isn't even wroth considering.

Sorry Steve!

Keep in mind this is not scientific analysis based on empirical validation but a personal perspective from a new user who does not have breadth or depth of smart phone usage.

xuCGC002
January 23rd, 2010, 04:40 AM
Nice evidence you got there.

schauerlich
January 23rd, 2010, 04:41 AM
What sort of lag do you mean? I've found the interface to always be very quick and smooth.

HappinessNow
January 23rd, 2010, 04:45 AM
Nice evidence you got there.

evidence? for the judge or the jury? I don't quite understand your post?

Keep in mind this is not scientific analysis based on empirical validation but a personal perspective from a new user who does not have breadth or depth of smart phone usage.

What sort of lag do you mean? I've found the interface to always be very quick and smooth.

over all general lag, mainly from one application to another.

Perhaps it will improve over time?

k64
January 23rd, 2010, 04:51 AM
iPhone is proprietary anyway. I'd get the Nexus One unlocked, and use it on my mother's AT&T plan.

Psumi
January 23rd, 2010, 04:52 AM
iPhone is proprietary anyway. I'd get the Nexus One unlocked, and use it on my mother's AT&T plan.

Or something... ELSE (http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=2870).

AllRadioisDead
January 23rd, 2010, 04:53 AM
I love my iphone, it's great and I don't experience lag at all. Who cares if it's proprietary, it's a great phone and does its job well.

cartman640
January 23rd, 2010, 05:13 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by lag there, mine is very quick, were you using the 3GS or one of the older models?

I don't think I could go without mine now, and since it's from New Zealand, it's unlocked so I can pick any carrier I like, which is cool.

As for the intuitiveness of it, fair enough, I like the interface personally, but there are areas for improvement.

pwnst*r
January 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
Not sure what's going on with your "buddy's" iPhone, but no lag here either. And it's not intuitive? Well, my friend, you're going to have a lot of issues with other smartphones then.

Nice try though!

zaksworld
January 23rd, 2010, 05:21 AM
Most iPhones only lag when they're jailbroken and using a bunch of system processes with background programs.

The iPhone is a very useful tool that I use everyday. It helps me do a bunch of things that I always wished I could do, but then again everyone has their own opinions.

k64
January 23rd, 2010, 05:24 AM
Or something... ELSE (http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=2870).

Yes, but who is going to carry it? Anything but AT&T, and my mother will butt in.

xuCGC002
January 23rd, 2010, 06:48 AM
evidence? for the judge or the jury? I don't quite understand your post?

You essentially have not much supporting information, no examples, nothing. You just say "well, it's just general lag," instead of pointing out what's actually wrong with it (supposedly).

I'm not in anyway an iPhone fanboy, an unlocked G1 is my primary phone. I just want to see why you think this and that you're just not conventionalizing negativity just because it's not perfect, or that it's used by too many people.

aysiu
January 23rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
I've used numerous friends' iPhones (and my wife's iPhone), and I've never seen any kind of lag.

The lack of multi-tasking, in this case, is actually a good thing (for performance), when compared to Android.

Hey, I love my Android phone, but it occasionally lags in a way my wife's iPhone simply does not.

JDShu
January 23rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
I suspect OP hasn't compared the iPhone to any other smart phone yet, so he notices lag although its faster than anything else available. I personally haven't tried any at all. But the market is still young and I will probably wait a couple of "generations" until they become more mainstream and features become more refined.

HappinessNow
January 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Or something... ELSE (http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=2870).That is something else. :P

As for the intuitiveness of it, fair enough, I like the interface personally, but there are areas for improvement.

Thanks for the honesty in your post.

I suspect OP hasn't compared the iPhone to any other smart phone yet, so he notices lag although its faster than anything else available. I personally haven't tried any at all. But the market is still young and I will probably wait a couple of "generations" until they become more mainstream and features become more refined.

The only other 2 'Smart Phones' I have tried are the HTC Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid...that said for a comparison, I found the iPhone has less lag then the Droid Eris but not as fast as the Motorola Droid.

Also, I found the Droid and Droid Eris just as intuitive or lacking in being intuitive (depending on perspective) as the iPhone.

handy
January 24th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Severely disappointed in all the hype about the iPhone, I found it isn't even wroth considering.

Sorry Steve!

Didn't suit you...

Suits my wife down to the ground, she is extremely happy with both its performance & the simplicity of use.

I have an iPod Touch, & I love the simplicity, & the easy on my old eyes system it uses.

There is no accounting for taste, they say... :)

Grifulkin
January 24th, 2010, 07:13 AM

Have fun with no 3G.

Grifulkin
January 24th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Yes, but who is going to carry it? Anything but AT&T, and my mother will butt in.

READ the link it said it was for AT&T.

Giant Speck
January 24th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Maybe smartphones aren't for you, OP.

HappinessNow
January 24th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe smartphones aren't for you, OP.
You may be right. :P

(Thread marked as 'Solved')

cariboo
January 24th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Closed by request.