PDA

View Full Version : Black fonts on netbook_launcher

karmic_chd3
January 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to install Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 on a Compaq Presario 2100 and I found some weird stuff...

The thing is, when I run the Live CD and install it to the hard drive I got a netbook_launcher interface with black fonts for icons and menus instead of white as it is intended to be. But the weirdest thing is that when I run that same CD on other computers the fonts are standard white, so there's nothing wrong with the CD.

I wouldn't care much about this, but since the laptop screen is not too bright it's quite hard to read the icons and menu labels, and I have to stick to very light backgrounds for best contrast. I have tried Gnome Color Chooser, but it doesn't seem to work on netbook_launcher.

So, any ideas on why is this happening or how to change the font color in netbook_launcher? I've been looking on the internet for a couple of days but I'm not able to find anything useful.

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm attaching a screenshot for your reference.

karmic_chd3
January 23rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
C'mon people, is there no help for the widow's son?

lastdeadmouse
May 1st, 2010, 02:30 AM
Had the same problem, upgraded to 10.04, deleted all my conf files, restarted X and still have this problem. Anyone?

R.U.Sirius
May 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM
for me it's the same problem and nothing helps.

after a fresh install the fonts are still black.

on other laptop with same cd there are white fonts...