PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Keyboard won't work when I try to install

SPazzo
January 22nd, 2010, 05:01 AM
OK, so I have this Acer Aspire desktop, with Vista on it. I want to do a dual-boot of Ubuntu Studio and Vista. I burned a CD, all is fine. It boots fine from the CD. I get to the Install/Check Disc for Defects/etc... screen.

All is fine. The keyboard works. I go to install Ubuntu Studio. The screen blinks a few times and then I get to a language select screen. There's just one problem. The keyboard won't respond. The numlock light, which was on at the previous screen, is turned off. Even the mouse (which I don't need) optical light is off. That really doesn't work when I kinda need it.

I've tried it with another keyboard. Both keyboards are USB. One is Acer and one is Dell. The computer is an Acer Aspire AM1641. Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor, 3 GB ram, 320 GB harddrive.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

presence1960
January 22nd, 2010, 06:16 AM
OK, so I have this Acer Aspire desktop, with Vista on it. I want to do a dual-boot of Ubuntu Studio and Vista. I burned a CD, all is fine. It boots fine from the CD. I get to the Install/Check Disc for Defects/etc... screen.

All is fine. The keyboard works. I go to install Ubuntu Studio. The screen blinks a few times and then I get to a language select screen. There's just one problem. The keyboard won't respond. The numlock light, which was on at the previous screen, is turned off. Even the mouse (which I don't need) optical light is off. That really doesn't work when I kinda need it.

I've tried it with another keyboard. Both keyboards are USB. One is Acer and one is Dell. The computer is an Acer Aspire AM1641. Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor, 3 GB ram, 320 GB harddrive.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Look in BIOS for Legacy USB or USB support & enable it. If all elae fails try a PS2 keyboard.

SPazzo
January 29th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Look in BIOS for Legacy USB or USB support & enable it. If all elae fails try a PS2 keyboard.

OK, so I couldn't find any sort of USB support in BIOS. I tried it with a PS/2 keyboard, but it still wouldn't work. The numlock lock light did come on when it stopped working, but it still wont work.

I did try booting from a normal Karmic live CD. It wouldn't even boot, just a blank screen.

Anyone have any ideas? :cry: