PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hulu, video issue

kumoshk
January 22nd, 2010, 04:43 AM
Back in the days of Hardy Heron, Hulu worked perfectly on this computer. However, I've since upgraded to Karmic (9.10) on both my laptop and my desktop.

Anyway, the audio works perfectly. The video is choppy. It's not a matter of how fast my connection is (it's more than five times that required).

I tried changing my screen resolution and that didn't work. I have the most recent version of Adobe Flash (and I don't have any other flash player installed).

It's choppy whether I use Hulu on the site or on Hulu Desktop. The sound works perfectly in both scenarios.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the video card driver. Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't have the same issue on my laptop (although it's 64-bit and it has an nvidia video card).

Now, as for my laptop, Hulu videos worked fine (not as good as my desktop used to, but still great) until one day it wouldn't even load videos on the site after a certain point (maybe right after we got a new router), but it would load them through Hulu Desktop until today. Now it won't, although it will let me browse the videos and search for them (but nothing loads; not even ads; I mean, it doesn't start the video at all). I didn't do anything special that should have induced this behavior.

I've tried using the old router, but it doesn't change anything. I don't that it's the issue, and it might have occurred just before then, too, but I don't remember.

ljamisonii
January 22nd, 2010, 05:20 AM
Hello,

Have you enabled the official driver(s) for your video card by going to System > Administration > Hardware Drivers ?

kumoshk
January 22nd, 2010, 06:11 AM
There aren't proprietary drivers for my desktop, but for my laptop, yes, I've done that.