PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] what's the wrong?!!

Ba7r
January 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi,

how are you all? .. I've installed UBUNTU 9.10 on ( windows 7 ) when I was interested to discover Linux, now I began to understand this AWESOME (http://google-yahoo-user.blogspot.com) system and I began to get ride of Microsoft " Windows " .. But I face a problem that when I installed It I created only one account with a password, but It's not the root, when I tried to login as root, I didn't success, It tells Failure authentication because of the wrong password, because I enter my account password which I entered when I installed the system, Now I want to know how to solve this ISSUE, how to get the root password or how to reset It

Regards
Muhammd

presence1960
January 21st, 2010, 09:44 PM
Hi,

how are you all? .. I've installed UBUNTU 9.10 on ( windows 7 ) when I was interested to discover Linux, now I began to understand this AWESOME system and I began to get ride of Microsoft " Windows " .. But I face a problem that when I installed It I created only one account with a password, but It's not the root, when I tried to login as root, I didn't success, It tells Failure authentication because of the wrong password, because I enter my account password which I entered when I installed the system, Now I want to know how to solve this ISSUE, how to get the root password or how to reset It

Regards
Muhammd

It is against forum policy to tell how to over ride the ubuntu security feature of the root account being locked. If you need to do something which requires root priviledge preface the command with sudo or for a graphical app (such as gparted or gedit) gksu. It will ask for your password and you will have root access once you supply the password.

Those who really need to do something in the root account have figured out how to enable it, but we are not allowed to discuss it in here.

CharlesA
January 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM
Just use sudo -i if you need to be root to run something. Otherwise use sudo <command>

Ba7r
January 21st, 2010, 09:57 PM
thanks Guyz I did It :)
[ sudo -i ]