PDA

View Full Version : I hate personas

myusername
January 21st, 2010, 08:49 PM
Am I the only one that absolutely hates Chrome's themes and Firefox's Personas? They are UGLY. They can't possibly look good on any computer. Why is this such a big feature?? Just make NORMAL themes!

hyperdude111
January 21st, 2010, 09:01 PM
I hate them, under no circumstances do they EVER look any good. At least you can get hold of proper themes.

FuturePilot
January 21st, 2010, 09:02 PM
I completely agree. They burn my eyes.

CharmyBee
January 21st, 2010, 09:06 PM
There's one theme (http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/10145) I use that doesn't burn my eyes.

abhibharti
January 21st, 2010, 09:08 PM
I prefer Chrome default theme. Firefox is already so slow, adding a theme will ruin it.

Lightstar
January 21st, 2010, 09:11 PM
The what now?

I don't use any of that, maybe you shouldn't either, if you dislike them.

CharmyBee
January 21st, 2010, 09:17 PM
It's not exclusive to Firefox also, as Internet Explorer 3 had the dressable toolbar feature first, and it was popular to just have a snowy vista as the toolbar background in 1999...

pwnst*r
January 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM
Am I the only one that absolutely hates Chrome's themes and Firefox's Personas? They are UGLY. They can't possibly look good on any computer. Why is this such a big feature?? Just make NORMAL themes!

Well...since you don't use them, quit spending so much time looking at other people's browsers.

23meg
January 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM
I only hate hate rants.

lovinglinux
January 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
I hate too. Personas is so lame. I don't get it why it is being considered a major feature. Makes me remember the old days of dial-up.

pwnst*r
January 21st, 2010, 10:25 PM
I hate too. Personas is so lame. I don't get it why it is being considered a major feature. Makes me remember the old days of dial-up.

uh..

cariboo
January 21st, 2010, 10:30 PM
I use the one in the screenshot, because the default Chrome just doesn't fit with the theme I use.

pricetech
January 21st, 2010, 10:42 PM
Me too, I hate them all.

Oh wait, you said "personas" I thought you said "persons". Silly me.

Never mind.

RabbitWho
January 21st, 2010, 10:51 PM
I like anything with a good depth of field, makes me feel like I'm outside.

ratcheer
January 21st, 2010, 11:09 PM
I only hate hate rants.

+1

Tim

Simian Man
January 21st, 2010, 11:16 PM
I only hate hate rants.

I agree.

Guess what? Nobody cares if you don't like Personas. Nobody cares if you don't understand Facebook. And nobody cares if you hate Macs.

People like different things, get over it.

PuddingKnife
January 22nd, 2010, 12:18 AM
What does the cafe think?

xuCGC002
January 22nd, 2010, 12:25 AM

I know! The images in those people's browsers remind me of scratchy dialing noises and slow download speeds too!

Jesus_Valdez
January 22nd, 2010, 12:38 AM
I hate people too.

AllRadioisDead
January 22nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
It was never considered a major feature, it's just an addon.

samh785
January 22nd, 2010, 12:55 AM
I like the persona I have installed. :)

koleoptero
January 22nd, 2010, 02:22 AM
What does the cafe think?

We don't.

lovinglinux
January 22nd, 2010, 03:06 AM
It was never considered a major feature, it's just an addon.

Well, it's being portrayed in the 3.6 release video and they have been talking about it for a while. Perhaps there is nothing significantly new like when 3.5 was released other than performance and under the hood improvements, so they decided to show it off.

samh785
January 22nd, 2010, 03:09 AM
We don't.
braaaaaaains

mikewhatever
January 22nd, 2010, 04:10 AM

I hope you are, since it's stupid to hate something you don't have to use.
Why do you hate them anyway? Hm, let me think of possible reasons:
Cause someone else might like them.
Cause someone else hates them.
For the sake of hating something.

Jesus_Valdez
January 22nd, 2010, 05:38 AM
I hope you are, since it's stupid to hate something you don't have to use.
Why do you hate them anyway? Hm, let me think of possible reasons:
Cause someone else might like them.
Cause someone else hates them.
For the sake of hating something.
Haters gonna hate

hhh
January 22nd, 2010, 05:48 AM
@myusername, this has been discussed A LOT at the mozillazine forums...
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1688435

So, no, you're not the only one who hates them. Especially disturbing to us themers (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11953) is that in Firefox 3.6, the link in Tools>Addons>Themes>Get Themes links to, you guessed it, Personas. Plus, in 3.6, Personas is only usable with the default theme, which wasn't the case in 3.5 when Personas was an addon and not an integrated part of Firefox. My feeling is that it's all about money, Firefox is getting Personas submitted by corporations like Warner Brothers and artists like Radiohead, which eventually (if not already) should lead to revenue, which is important now that Google's contract with Mozilla is set to expire in 2011.

So, in short, you'll have to deal with it.

Good post though.

Megrimn
January 22nd, 2010, 05:52 AM
You can also create your own, though.

Hey, if you don't like it, don't use it.

mikewhatever
January 22nd, 2010, 06:16 AM
So, no, you're not the only one who hates them. Especially disturbing to us themers (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11953) is that in Firefox 3.6, the link in Tools>Addons>Themes>Get Themes links to, you guessed it, Personas. Plus, in 3.6, Personas is only usable with the default theme, which wasn't the case in 3.5 when Personas was an addon and not an integrated part of Firefox. My feeling is that it's all about money, Firefox is getting Personas submitted by corporations like Warner Brothers and artists like Radiohead, which eventually (if not already) should lead to revenue, which is important now that Google's contract with Mozilla is set to expire in 2011.

Well, what is there to hate? Mozilla needs money to keeps working, regardless of its contract with Google, besides, I don't think there would be a problem renewing it or finding a different partner.

So, in short, you'll have to deal with it.

Good post though.

I guess that's hatred spilling out. Nobody has to deal with personas, not one minute.

hhh
January 22nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
@mike, I don't give a rat's ***, but if you had read any part of the thread @ forums.mozillazine that I had linked to, you'd see that themers, some of whom have invested a crapload of time into theming, are feeling rather disrespected, as Personas and custom themes are no longer compatible, and that the actual internal Firefox link to themes no longer points to, um, themes, but rather to this iGooglish skinning crap which is Personas.

But I see the trend here, apparently it's very typical in this fanboy ridden forum, which is to ignore the actual issue and just spew irrelevant, uninformed opinions.

So, nicely done, you fit right in.

mikewhatever
January 22nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
@mike, I don't give a rat's ***, but if you had read any part of the thread @ forums.mozillazine that I had linked to, you'd see that themers, some of whom have invested a crapload of time into theming, are feeling rather disrespected, as Personas and custom themes are no longer compatible, and that the actual internal Firefox link to themes no longer points to, um, themes, but rather to this iGooglish skinning crap which is Personas.

But I see the trend here, apparently it's very typical in this fanboy ridden forum, which is to ignore the actual issue and just spew irrelevant, uninformed opinions.

So, nicely done, you fit right in.

No, I haven't read the discussion about your username, and frankly, I couldn't care less about both. I am interested to here you opinion, in case you are able to drop the arrogant stile of posting and discuss things amicably.

XubuRoxMySox
January 22nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
Omygoodness! Since so many people hate it, it's pro'lly something I want to try!

Besides, I like decorating my desktop, why not my browser? If it doesn't slow my Firefox down too much, I'll use it, and then become a rabid Persona fanboy just to aggravate people who have nothing better to do than post whiny rants about stuff they don't even use.

-Robin

AllRadioisDead
January 22nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Wow, way to be a rebel.

t0p
January 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
I don't even know what a persona is. And I can't be bothered to google the term, as I don't really care what a persona is. If it's good, someone will tell me about it. If not, not. Whatever. </apathy>

Bios Element
January 22nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
And you hate them so much you must make a pointless rant. >.> Who cares? Someone needs some ubuntu.

pwnst*r
January 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
I don't even know what a persona is. And I can't be bothered to google the term, as I don't really care what a persona is. If it's good, someone will tell me about it. If not, not. Whatever. </apathy>

Yet you bothered to post. Good play.

XubuRoxMySox
January 22nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
OMGOMGOMG! Personas are awesome! Everybody MUST use one!

[/sarcasm]

There. That was just to aggravate people who love to whine about things and people that have nothing to do with them.

I think I'll create a new web site - with a forum and everything - and devote it entirely and exclusively to ridiculing people who don't use personas! Wha'd'y'think? BareNakedFirefoxSux.org or something...

-Robin

AllRadioisDead
January 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
OMGOMGOMG! Personas are awesome! Everybody MUST use one!

[/sarcasm]

There. That was just to aggravate people who love to whine about things and people that have nothing to do with them.

I think I'll create a new web site - with a forum and everything - and devote it entirely and exclusively to ridiculing people who don't use personas! Wha'd'y'think? BareNakedFirefoxSux.org or something...

-Robin
Funny, because you seem to be getting even more worked up than the people complaining.

pwnst*r
January 22nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Funny, because you seem to be getting even more worked up than the people complaining.

^this.

Nice giant font and goofball color. Effort ++

scouser73
January 22nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
You either use Personas or you don't, there's no need to get worked up about it.

KiwiNZ
January 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Closed, to allow people to go out side and smell the roses , get some sun and forget the personas that are not compulsory :rolleyes:

Come back tomorrow